What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Mass Effect 3

LaughingCrow

I've read the only way to get 100% readiness is to play the multiplayer, what's the highest readiness you've gotten before finishing the game playing only single player?
From what I understand, in single player, readiness will always be 50% - nothing in single play will change it up or down.

It only increases if you play MP. Even there, it drops 1% per day, if you don't play. Why the deterioration, I don't know, other than to encourage you to play regularly.

Arinoth

Staff member
I see you can also do this randomly with people, aka random match up. This bodes well so I can do this on my own, get with some people and help defend the galaxy.

That's not what I've heard, if you've imported all the way from ME1 you have assets that help bump that up to i think 55 or 60%.

LaughingCrow

So no one else ran into this issue? Weird it's all over the forums at bioware.

Yes. Partly because some of them are timed. Possibly partly the order you do some quests and partly the way they have the quests laid out. Inevitably as you explore out one quest, you bump into others - I don't know if that's just bad game design, intended or simply a restriction on the size of the maps.

Hoping I don't point at spoilers.

Doing Tuchunka will force you back to the Citadel. If you only have been to the Citadel once, you will miss meeting up with several people from ME 2 (both are emails you get on the Normandy). On my second (current) play through, I had to back up quite a bit to an earlier save once I realized this. So I finished all but one or two of Tuchunka, then returned to the Citadel, met and proceed to gather up some of the Citadel quests. (PM me if you want to know the specific one I skipped temporarily).

I suspect that there's 2 quests (Hanar) (Documentary) that need to be completed without interruption. Again on these I couldn't find all the locations until I went to an earlier save, did the full quest and then others. Could be others. Also, there's a few Citadel quests that rely on you getting something off-planet. If you miss the item, you do get a chance to buy the intel. But it's hard to tell which ones fail by timing, by missing an item or where you get a 2nd chance at intel.

Last edited:

LaughingCrow

I see you can also do this randomly with people, aka random match up. This bodes well so I can do this on my own, get with some people and help defend the galaxy.

That's not what I've heard, if you've imported all the way from ME1 you have assets that help bump that up to i think 55 or 60%.

From what I've read, in SP, Galactic Readiness will always be 50%

Depending on how you play ME 1 and ME 2, you can get additional War Assets or opportunities for additional War Assets from talking with some people in ME 3 that you have met before in ME 1 or ME 2. (PM me and I'll give you an example of one I missed in my first game, but caught in the second.) The Galactic Readiness is just a percentage multiplier.

This is the formula: (war assets) x (galactic readiness) = (effective military strength)

Those who have chosen to disregard the game’s multiplayer might find that no matter how many War Assets they might obtain throughout the game, the Galactic Readiness stays firmly at 50% — BioWare assures gamers that this does not affect the ending, however, and that the Effective Military Strength bar is what really matters in the end.

BioWare Clarifies How to Get

BioWare kept talking around the whole SP/MP issue at times, with more hype than information. :biggrin:

ipaine

Yes, Galactic Readiness will always be 50% so whatever you get for war assets gets cut in half if you don't play the MP. The real issue a lot of people are having is that supposedly you need 4000 or more for your effective military strength to get the "best ending" (complete misnomer, there is no best). Now this means that if you are not playing the MP at all then you need to reach 8000 for your war assets to end up with the 4000 or more. Now I did a pretty darn complete playthrough and had basically perfect imports as well, and I did not hit that, if I recall I was at about 7600. So I could not get the "best ending"

Now I did after that jump into the MP to see how much/how easily it is to raise the galactic readiness. I did 3 bronze levels and I'm now at about 63% galactic readiness. So if I had done that before I would have had about 4700 and then could get the "best" of the craptacular endings.

Really I think I will do another play through with my second import like I am, but I will not do the final mission, not until they come out and fix it. This needs a proper ending, something that is at least close to what they promised us in the beginning about wrapping everything up.

muse108dc

Yeah, the game really was quite epic right up to the end. Which makes me sad as I really dont feel like playing through it again right now. My only gripe was the Lip Syncing, I found it to be quite terrible for the most part.

I think this is actually the first Bioware ending I haven't liked. ME1 and 2 both had very satisfying ends I thought, DAO I think I almost cried when my character had its funeral, DA2 for a rubbish game the ending was fine (unless you killed lelliana in the first game then it was just weird). KOTOR's (the original) was good.

But this, really there are no different endings, there are no satisfying answers, the ending I picked ended up really confusing me, I dont understand that kid at all. And the dreams were weird. I figured they were just to show Shepard's stress but they didnt do anything really.

Bioware I will PAY you another 20 (ontop of the 20 additional I paid for the CE) for a better ending as DLC. Appearantly theres a secret ending for NG+ but.... I'm not sure how much faith I am willing to put into that to be better.

apart from that, Shepard as a Vanguard with only a shotgun was very overpowered. Quite enjoyed that. Well until I ran into Banshees and Ravagers anyways. Dunno, but Brutes always went down fairly quickly for me in comparison to those 2.

thorn

Well I personally enjoyed the game, my ending was more or less what I expected it to be though I would have like to see more aftermath. I had a feeling that kid was more than just a kid, the fact no one helped him on to the transport made me think he wasn't actually "there." Was cool to see or hear a lot of stuff mentioned in the books in the game.

The only thing I don't get is why the Mass Relays blew up. From what the "kid" said only the synthesis option would result in that and I didn't choose that option because of that.

I was glad they explained who was controlling the Reapers and trying to reset the chaos. I would have been pissed if that was explained.

MP isn't bad either, quite challenging even on bronze.

My favourite weapon was without a doubt the geth shotgun.

Would have liked to be able to save right at the end so I could quickly see the different endings.

Apathetik

Diggin the N7 Mass Effect hoodie for my character! :thumb:

20tl7gp.jpg

As well as the Reckoner Knight armor set!

30c7f4x.jpg

ipaine

Would have liked to be able to save right at the end so I could quickly see the different endings.

I have found a way to deal with that sort of. If you go to load a game right after the end, choose the option to restart the mission. This will take you to where you are walking towards the beam. I know that is how I did them.

Bioware I will PAY you another 20 (ontop of the 20 additional I paid for the CE) for a better ending as DLC.

I hate saying it as we shouldn't have to, but I would also pay for a proper ending and yes I know it could set a dangerous trend, but dammit I want a real ending.

Last edited:

thorn

I think EA/Bioware underestimated the emotional attachment the fan base has to the series. For any other game the ending as is probably would have been accepted, at least with far less backlash.

I was thinking they could maybe release a book talking about the aftermath but then that would only cover one ending.