What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Mass Effect 3

Jebusman

If you don't have the CE you can unlock Javik (the Prothean character) by making a change to a .bin file. Doesn't give you the Ashes DLC but at least you have the character.

Edit: I tried it out, it works, though he isn't available in the Normandy just once you leave on missions.

That is.... wow. So he was fully playable even without the DLC, it's just the DLC contained his personal mission/custom interactions?

LaughingCrow

If you don't want anyone to join your game, host/create a private one.

I start a MP solo, as leader. Game one always solo. Game 2 sometimes, but then there's always others joining and I had to exit to the lobby. I couldn't find any setting for a private game in the options.

muse108dc

If anyone's interested my origin name is DCBO89.

The lack of text chat is really starting to annoy me, especially in the lobby.

But I made a mistake.... I promoted my vanguard just to see what would happen in SP and now I dont have my MP LVL 20 Vanguard anymore... Sad. And nothing happens in game really, I was expecting to see them appear in my war room but no....

Arinoth

Staff member
I was wondering what promoting your character did, so essentially just gives you a level 20 character to start at in single player eh?

muse108dc

No I dont think it gives you any characters to play in SP. I think it just gives you a few war assets and resets your characters score in MP. May be wrong, will double check that though now. Also gives you 10 N7 levels which from what I can tell mean absolutely squat except for epeen size.

muse108dc

The Black Window sniper rifle is insane. Cannibals have giant heads too.... But when I got it my quarian infiltrator went from third ranked (was having a bit of trouble with the class) to top by a large margin. Its basically a rapid fire Widow with 3 shots, dont know how it compares damage wise, but more often than not its 3 shots 3 kills.

muse108dc

My analasis of ME3 multiplayer recently.

A good vangaurd will always get the highest score, regardless. Score is relatively meaningless, its not even related to skill too much, all that matters is that you get everyone to the LZ in round 11. I'm curious just how much damage a biotic charge does....

Infiltrators are the lifeblood of the team, they are the ones who can save your life even if you die deep in the middle of enemies. Also the class that is most likely to succeed when the rest of the team dies.

Krogan soldiers. What is now possibly my favorite class, Rage + Melee is quite possibly more powerful than a vanguard, there is very little that doesnt go down in 1 or 2 hits, even less that doesnt go flying a mile after death.

Sniper rifles. These are basically the only weapon I ever use now when I use a weapon. Widow completely ignored the guardians shields, just aim at the head as you would normally and fire. Though I got the N7 sniper rifle, fitted the armor piercing and that also was decent, not nearly as damaging but a very quick reload make use for that slightly. One last point, the smoke bombs, with the sniper scope these make killing guardians even easier.

Adepts are quite powerful, biotic explosion is really the entire goal of them, warp + anything else = massive damage against anything.

Best assault rifle from what I can tell is now the geth + armor piercing mod.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
For the first time last night I used my headphones while playing instead of my X-530's because my wife was watching TV. Twice I went upstairs because I heard a baby crying and thought it was my daughter before I figured out it was background noise in the refugee docks. I am truly amazed at how good the sound quality can be in today's games with the right equipment. I'm now wondering what else I might have missed in my first 20 hours of playing.

thorn

I really need to get the widow in MP. Should probably also make a vanguard or adept, they just spam biotic powers, don't even need a weapon.

Latest posts