What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Mass Effect 3

bliz

The Cidatel DLC is just amazing,love it.

I also played the Ending DLC which is only a bit better,ending still sucks :bleh:

IRQ Conflict

Actually if you play with the extended ending DLC, you will notice that if you choose the destruction option it does not destroy all the tech or mass relays (yes it sure looked like it before the DLC) it just destroys all synthetic life. So reapers, Geth, EDI, and anyone else who is implanted with enough tech like Shepard. And that is why I had such a problem with that ending, I could understand Shepard dying (still think there should be a way for him/her to live on with their love interest) but I should not have had to wipe out the Geth who I had just got to work together with the Quarians, not to mention killing EDI just sucks.

But rest assured the modding community can come to the rescue. There is now a "happy ending" mod. I have not played it yet but it seems to get good reviews and will be giving it a go once I get that far again. Here is a link to it: Choose Language | BioWare Social Network
Hmm, how do you play the DLC? I have it installed and assumed it would play the updated ending automatically. Thanks for the link.

ccm001

I should have mentioned I had the extended ending DLC. Never played with the original ending. By the time I got around to playing it, the extended was out and I installed that before I got to the end.

So yes, only synthetics were destroyed, not all technology. And it shows a Mass Effect Relay being repaired during an ending cutscene. So yes, universe (life) saved, but SHephard died doing so - a true paragon ;)

I may have to look at this happy ending mod.

IRQ Conflict

Hmm. I did the same thing but my ending was much different. No repairing of stations. Normandy crash landed but the door popped open slightly suggesting survival. Also, if anyone remembers, EDI's avatar didn't contain all of EDI, just a portion. Like an arm or extension allowing her to navigate in 3d space. Her core was still aboard the Normandy.

Edit: Here is the idiot responsible for the mess effect. Sounds like he hates not being in control. Likes writing the comic though. Check out time stamp 1:55-2:12 :blarg:

I think he should continue writing comic books and Bioware should get someone else that enjoys the characters enough not to kill them all off. Further giving them real choices in the game.

Bioware's new line should read "Failure, it's the only option".

Last edited:

Latest posts