What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Mass Effect Legendary Edition and new series entry

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Is there any word about the ME3 multiplayer mode? Don't know about you guys, buy I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. The maps were small but there were enough characters to make it interesting IMO.

Lysrin

Is there any word about the ME3 multiplayer mode? Don't know about you guys, buy I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. The maps were small but there were enough characters to make it interesting IMO.
I thought in that video or the info below the video it stated single player content only...? I think?

Soultribunal

Staff member

It's not happening. I enjoyed it too, but its confirmed with a few sources that Mutli-player is not returning. Due to a lot of factors.

I'm okay with that though. ME was never about the multiplayer experience. It was about the team and the story.

The only thing I wish they would have done, is re-write the damn ending. But we only get the extended cut. No adjustments.

-ST

ipaine

It's not happening. I enjoyed it too, but its confirmed with a few sources that Mutli-player is not returning. Due to a lot of factors.

I'm okay with that though. ME was never about the multiplayer experience. It was about the team and the story.

The only thing I wish they would have done, is re-write the damn ending. But we only get the extended cut. No adjustments.

-ST
Honestly while I do agree with the fundamental idea of re-writing the end, I actually agree to them keeping just the extended cut. Just cause I find doing re-writes a very slippery slope to go down. Ok, if I really had my wish they would give an option for either the extended or a re-written one.

Thing is I haven't played the standard ending or extended ending in many playthroughs. I always use mods and usually use MEHEM, which is very well done, but I'm assuming will have to be completely redone for the new re-master. In that mod, you basically have the destruction end, without destroying the Geth/EDI, and you can live. Plus combined with a few others you have a nice big battle scene that I would have loved for them to really get behind.

But I'm sure we will get mods like that again, but better than before since they will not have to spend a ton of time upgrading the visuals since that is already going to be done.

G

Wont pre order but will probably break my EA boycott ( has been since ME:A dropped )just for this and the new one they are working on.
Sunk way to many hours on the first 3.

ME1 is the one I will be looking forward to the most, suprub game. 2 was way good to , 3 was disappointing but still loads better that most games out there nowadays.
Hate the MP though.

Lysrin

There doesn't appear to be any compelling reason to pre-order is there? Is it even a reduced cost or something? Current $79.99 CAD on most of the platforms as far as I can tell.

FreeKnight

There doesn't appear to be any compelling reason to pre-order is there? Is it even a reduced cost or something? Current $79.99 CAD on most of the platforms as far as I can tell.
Not that I can see. Doesn't seem to have pre-order bonuses or anything.

It looks like the 'Pinnacle Station' DLC from ME1 is being cut since they can't find a non-corrupt version of the source code. It was pretty 'meh' anyway and developed by an outside studio so it's not much of a loss.

Not surprised that the MP got cut from ME3. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit, considering I never play MP usually, it was a surprise. The loot box ratios were garbage though. It's not much of a loss for me still, like most, I'm in it for the single player.

I won't pre-order it myself, but wouldn't be surprised if I get it quickly after release as long as it's not a bug riddled mess on review.

Lysrin

I won't pre-order it myself, but wouldn't be surprised if I get it quickly after release as long as it's not a bug riddled mess on review.
Same for me. I definitely want to add it to the collection but don't see the point in pre-order.

ipaine

I'm sure it will be a day one or pre-order a couple days before purchase for me.

Honestly though I really want this:
But it does not include the game, just the extras (which is really annoying). While the helmet is neat, I really want the canvas prints. Just don't think I can convince my wife.

Latest posts

Twitter