What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Mass Effect Legendary Edition and new series entry

Lysrin

I really hadn't played the first one much. My memories ended just after the cargo train battle on Eden Prime, the tutorial basically, so pretty much all new for me.

One criticism: wow a FOV slider would have been really nice. Apparently there is a way to do it with Cheat Engine, never used that, but it has to be set each time you load the game so that isn't worth it. Maybe someone will get a mod made before too long.

Oh, and ME1 seems to let you quick save whenever you want! What a novel idea... ah the good ol'days :)

Last edited:

Lysrin

Well that didn't take long :) Issue with I think the second level of Mako zoom, but I'm trying it anyway. I can likely live with that if the rest looks good.

Update: the 100 FOV looks great to me on ultrawide in ME1

Last edited:

ipaine

Am I the only one out there that doesn't mind the default FOV?

Maybe I'm just used to it. That said they really should have tried to include a FOV slider in the game by default.

Lysrin

Am I the only one out there that doesn't mind the default FOV?

Maybe I'm just used to it. That said they really should have tried to include a FOV slider in the game by default.
I was playing merrily along with the default, would have continued with it, but I don't love it. Everything just feel too confined. The 100 looks great to me. The combat type squat is a little off, but not bad. The game is pretty old even in a remaster.

Soultribunal

Staff member
I'm absolutely loving the remaster. The graphical differences are just....nuts. Its amazing what AI Upscaling and all the other techniques they have , have done to this game.
I know that the actual game mechanics themselves are 14 y ears old, and it shows. However it really gets you back into the series, and what made this game a bit of a trailblazer for all its inclusivity and diversity.

-ST

FreeKnight

I'm absolutely loving the remaster. The graphical differences are just....nuts. Its amazing what AI Upscaling and all the other techniques they have , have done to this game.
I know that the actual game mechanics themselves are 14 y ears old, and it shows. However it really gets you back into the series, and what made this game a bit of a trailblazer for all its inclusivity and diversity.

-ST
Agreed. ME 1 shows its age and budget at release, but it's still fun. I don't miss the tanky controls or inventory system, but still love the game. Forgot how much I like the villains in 1.

Lysrin

Experiencing most of it for the first time, story is great and depth of voice acted material pretty amazing. Combat is... well... let's focus on the story ;)

I wonder why they decided to remove key binding options though? I watched a review and apparently in the original PC release you could bind keys other than space bar to get behind cover, interact with items, etc. That'd be nice. I do find it doesn't always work well to get you into cover quickly, particularly if there are other items in the scene that can be interacted with via the space bar. Odd to have that one key on multi-duty.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Experiencing most of it for the first time, story is great and depth of voice acted material pretty amazing. Combat is... well... let's focus on the story ;)

I wonder why they decided to remove key binding options though? I watched a review and apparently in the original PC release you could bind keys other than space bar to get behind cover, interact with items, etc. That'd be nice. I do find it doesn't always work well to get you into cover quickly, particularly if there are other items in the scene that can be interacted with via the space bar. Odd to have that one key on multi-duty.
The actual game play does get better as you progress to 2 and 3 (IMO).

And while you may not understand this...

#Wakeupsheppard

-ST

Lysrin

Wondering for ME1, how is the leveling if you don't do lots of assignments (these appear to be side-quests)? Does anyone know if you can focus more on the main missions and be powerful enough or is completing lots of assignments a requirement?

Soultribunal

Staff member
Wondering for ME1, how is the leveling if you don't do lots of assignments (these appear to be side-quests)? Does anyone know if you can focus more on the main missions and be powerful enough or is completing lots of assignments a requirement?

Doing the side quests is important (IMO) for getting your Paragon / Renegade status up so you can effect more conversations and change more things. Leveling is important, but not as much as that, personally speaking.

-ST