What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Mass Effect Legendary Edition and new series entry

FreeKnight

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition Officially Announced

New Mass Effect game in development

Good news for ME fans. I'm hoping the LE has some additional tweaks and improvements over just adding a 4K gloss. Some aspects of the first entry in particular could use some tweaking. Even making sure the character creator lined up a little better across all three games. I definitely remember how an ME1 Shep looked wouldn't always jive with the ME2/ME3 options and could look a little screwy. Adding PC controller support would be great too.

Either way, I'm getting it. I loved those games.

lowfat

Staff member
Hope they fix the whole regengade / paragon stuff. Trying to be neutral really screwed you in the 3rd game.

Arinoth

Staff member
Hope they fix the whole regengade / paragon stuff. Trying to be neutral really screwed you in the 3rd game.
That would be nice, I suppose we'll have to wait and see what the final product(s) end up being like.

Also very very very cautiously optimistic hearing they are working on a new game in the series as well, perhaps it'll be a re-mastered/revamped ME:A, though that would be very surprising based on how they dropped any/all support for that game early on due to all the backlash.

ipaine

I look forward to this as well. Certainly looking towards the character creator being the same across all 3 games, cause like FreeKnight said a ME1 character ≠ ME2 character ≠ ME3 character.

As for tweaks, I'm only hoping they touch up the combat, as ME1 does have the weakest of the three. But just want them to keep it the same story and such.

The new game, I really want ME:A 2. Half of the people I have seen bash it either never played it or barely played it. It isn't that bad story wise and there is so much more they could expand upon. Plus I found it quite fun playing in combat and such.

Arinoth

Staff member
I agree with everything you said there. I wouldn't mind a slight revamp of the ME1 combat system to bring it more in line with the other two.

I also would love to see it be ME:A 2 as Bioware/EA could have turned around the rough launch by apologizing and offering the Quarian DLC for free, though at the same time it better not have just say 2 abilities you can use/have active as that was a massive deviation from the trilogy.

Izerous

Folding Team
I feel like if I had played 1 before I played 2 then I wouldn't have picked on 1 so badly. The combat, how buggy the moon buggy stuff was and numerous other complaints. I know I didn't play andromeda but I can't remember if I played 3 or not.

Considering Bioware past re-masterings etc I don't think they ever change anything about game play, give it a graphics boost, couple api/engine improvements and fix a couple common bugs and call it a day. So balancing of combat systems and paragon balancing what was mentioned I'd view as very unlikely.

FreeKnight

Considering Bioware past re-masterings etc I don't think they ever change anything about game play, give it a graphics boost, couple api/engine improvements and fix a couple common bugs and call it a day. So balancing of combat systems and paragon balancing what was mentioned I'd view as very unlikely.
I pretty much agree, EA-Bioware vs 'Bioware' have become very different entities. I'm hoping for what was undeniably their biggest series they'll do more than an HD/4K reskin, but it's unlikely. It wouldn't take many tweaks to fix ME1's worst flaws, or at least to make them less apparent (such as long elevator loading times, char creation, Mako, etc), and something like implementing ME2 cover shooter mechanics is too much work, but it'll be a little sad to see them do the bare minimum.

Soultribunal

Staff member
I am very excited for this and I was there on N7 day watching the cast and team talk. I cannot wait for this.

-ST

Latest posts