What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Mass Effect Legendary Edition and new series entry

Prickly007

I cannot wait for this.

That is a lot of enthusiasm for getting screwed by EA, who is not remaking the games. All they're doing is "updating the textures, shaders, models, effects and technical features". Almost sounds like they going to charge money for the free enhancements/mods already avaiable.

ipaine

Ok so I'm totally freaking out after seeing that smirk!!!

While I do worry cause of all the drama with Bioware, I just have to hope that they make this good.

Hmmm, just thought of an idea, start of game is right after reapers and the destruction ending (most canon one if you ask me, but only kill reapers don't like sacrificing geth/eva/etc.) Involves Liara and gang hunting for Shepard and of course finding her/him alive, broken but alive. Then considering all that went down, they get a chance to board another arc or arc like ship and go to Andromeda. Then we get to bring the crew into the future of Andromeda and meet up with and join some of the crew from the first Andromeda game.

Or just scrap that idea and leave us to rebuild a broken galaxy that needs someone to take control, with diplomacy or maybe an iron fist depending on your choice. But still want an Andromeda 2.

If Bioware was smart they would have a team doing writing/storyline/plot for both ME:4 and ME:A2, then for making the games, drop the stupid previous game engine and use something made for this type of game and is proper next gen. Pour more staff into ME4 and then smaller crew for ME:A2. And if things go well, you could end up releasing two top tier titles spaced out by 6-9 months. We just need EA to leave Bioware alone, and not rush things. Also, while MP can be fun and I know they like the extra income, they would be better off doing it as a stand alone MP in the ME universe, kind of like Cyberpunk 2077 is doing.

Last edited:

FreeKnight

I'm genuinely looking forward to this, ME was hands down my favorite series of the last 20 years. Even if they only marginally improve aspects of ME1, I'll still play through the series.

Lysrin

Well, I had the original ME I believe, but it wasn't the right thing at the right time for me. Couldn't get into it then. Perhaps I will get this. Even the remaster of the first one's content looks decent enough to play now.

ipaine

Watched the trailer and some bits of info about the new release.

Honestly I am looking forward to it, but I will say that you can get it fairly close to looking like that with current mods. But it will be nice to have it all included in the game proper.

It will have all the DLCs except Pinnacle Station from ME1 as the source code was corrupt or something like that. So I guess that is something for the modders to work on. And then changes to the galactic readiness, that I doubt I will notice as I used mods to get rid of needing MP anyways but good to see them dump it completely. Oh and some really good news, no more hacking to get 21:9 support.

All in all this will be the 3rd time I have bought them in some form and honestly I don't care. I love this series and really can't wait and just wish it was out sooner.

Oh yea, and finally will be able to have the same looking femshep throughout the series.

Just found the Mass Effect Legendary Cache and I want it so bad, but I just don't think I can justify (to my wife) $190 usd (shipped). But damn I want that helmet and the prints.

Last edited:

Arinoth

Staff member
Some information that we know, at least coming from these tweets about some of the changes/improvements in the Legendary edition

-4K, HDR, 60FPS* (*PS5 & Series X)
-Redone character models, improved textures, shaders, shadows, VFX
-ME1: Updated UI, improved camera, aiming, Mako, etc
-Iconic Femshep (ME3) now default in ME1/2
-New hair, makeup, skin tones

• More unified control scheme
• Universal FemShep across the trilogy
• Mako control tweaks
• No Pinnacle Station (rip)
• No aim penalties in ME1 if you use a weapon you’re untrained in
• The ME1 uplift looks amazing
• NERFED ELEVATORS

Needless to say I a quite looking forward to this I assume we're calling remastered?

Last edited:

Latest posts