What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Mass Effect Legendary Edition and new series entry

ipaine

Like Soul said, leveling while important, is more of a means to get charm/intimidate up to get the options for best outcomes. Some can be very important.

Oh and as for order of main missions, I almost always go
Find Liara
Noveria (or Feros)
Feros (or Noveria)
Virmire
and then the rest

But try to get as many side missions done as I can between Find Liara and Feros. Breaks up the side mission stuff with Noveria and still feels like I am moving forward.

I tell you, it sure is nice not having to deal with a ton of graphic mods like I did before. Very much enjoying my playthrough.

FreeKnight

Also, more side missions become available in the Citadel after each 'main' mission. So it's worth coming back and doing a run through looking for new named characters so you don't miss quests.

It's the first time I haven't played a New Game + in a while, I forgot that I can actually 'take damage' and don't have my singularity power as a Vanguard anymore :LOL:
My preferred method of Singularity+Carnage+throw grenade in the singularity isn't an option right now :cry:

Lysrin

Another update about FOV and support for ultrawides. Flawless Widescreen added support for Legendary and it works very well, even makes the conversations ultrawide, removing the pillar boxing, and you can adjust the FOV in both play view and the conversations. Looks great! I haven't been back to the Mako yet so not sure if Flawless' fix still has the issue with the second level of zoom. But the full ultrawide conversations sure look nice! :)

Update: Mako two zooms levels seem to work. Planets view in star map are a little stretched. Some cinematics are ultrawide, some not.

Last edited:

Lysrin

The landing on planets and cruising around in the Mako gets a bit old in ME1. Is it just land, go to the points of interest (scan etc.) and/or do the mission if there is one, then return to Normandy? Nothing I'm missing in the gameplay there is there?

And when using the galaxy or star map, it is go to a system, click in on each planet, zoom in, zoom out, rinse and repeat?

Soultribunal

Staff member
The landing on planets and cruising around in the Mako gets a bit old in ME1. Is it just land, go to the points of interest (scan etc.) and/or do the mission if there is one, then return to Normandy? Nothing I'm missing in the gameplay there is there?

And when using the galaxy or star map, it is go to a system, click in on each planet, zoom in, zoom out, rinse and repeat?

There are some missions that will be relevant to future story stuff in ME2 etc. I dont' want to give it away but I do suggest that as boring as it is (I'm in the same boat and I know what I was getting into) , it can be important for certain things.

-ST

ipaine

And that is the end of ME1. Did every single mission too. Never get tired of the end.

Now to go into ME2. Which has one of the best beginnings of any game if you ask me.

Lysrin

And that is the end of ME1. Did every single mission too. Never get tired of the end.

Now to go into ME2. Which has one of the best beginnings of any game if you ask me.
Wow... how many hours of play time? Just curious how long it will take me :)

ipaine

Umm, too many? Honestly I'm not sure. My save game says 79 hours, but that is not actual play time, that is time left sitting running as I was asleep on the couch. :)

I'd say a little less than half of that, maybe even a bit less. But I have played it so many times that I kind of know where to go and what to do. It was weird starting fresh though as I haven't done that in a long time as I was always playing new game +.

ipaine

One thing that I just found out they did not fix, timing of some DLC stuff.

So for the first time players, there is a mission in ME2 that is called Arrival, DO NOT DO IT WHEN YOU GET IT. Wait until you have done basically every other mission, including all major story missions. This DLC was meant to be something that you do at the end but is given to you after Horizon which is way too early. While it doesn't exactly mess things up, it really doesn't make sense to do it until the end.

I had kind of forgotten how odd it is to get it then cause I used to use a mod that gave things a much more organic feel to when you get certain missions.

If you are wondering about other big DLC missions, then I would say most people out there will say do all of them before the suicide mission (well at least a few missions before it), except for Arrival. I tend to do the Normandy scene very early, Firewalker stuff sprinkled in here and there, then Overlord mid-game, Shadowbroker right near the end but before suicide mission, and then arrival as the last thing I do before ME3.

Of course this is all my opinion and you are free to completely ignore me.

FreeKnight

Finished ME1 myself yesterday as well. Vanguard Colonist War Hero. Did every sidequest and went full paragon. I looked at the save in the MELE1 Save Editor and it looks like a few flags didn't trigger correctly. Edited a few myself but I'm not sure if they're MELE1 specific errors or carry overs from the issues in carrying over from the original ME. There were a few quests that never 'saved' properly in the original such as 'The Fan' which never tracked the paragon outcome correctly when exporting.

Still love the game, though the mako is a chore on most planets. When I do a replay on insanity I'll go back my old method of using the console to increase the jump jets about 600x so you can blast across the planet :D

Last edited:

Latest posts