What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

mass effect, wow

BrianHanna

i just did the mission on virmire, and i must admit, only a few games that i have ever played actually made me want to shed a tear.

For those who played it, i went to the AA tower, and the cutscene that they gave to the one that "it" happened to was beautiful.

God, i love video games.

Ritz

! I honestly waited over a minute, just standing there. I tried finding ways to avoid what was about to happen and then once I realized I was forced to make a choice... well, I couldn't decide. I wasn't very happy with my decision and it stuck with me for a long time. Excellent story telling.

I really am excited for ME2.

Arinoth

Staff member
Yeah i know, typically you're not stuck with a decision like that. I can't wait to see what ME2 has in store for us.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Wasn't much of a decision i thought... you have to protect the nuke so that it can go off and destroy the compound. Otherwise those ugly krogan-things would be everywhere. Still good storytelling though.

lowfat

Staff member
So what decision are we referring too? Because I can't think of any decision I made in the game that was hard.

n-sanity

The decision between aidan and the girl :) I passed it 3 times, with the intention of choosing aidan at least once. Couldn't do it lol... Best game of the past several years IMO, at the very least story and atmosphere wise. Stalker's right up there, but not quite as good. Mass effect is a monolith in achievement.

Holding my breath for ME2.

@ gingerbee, you owe it to yourself to pass the thing.

muse108dc

while the store story isnt bad the game overall was bad, side missions dull, combat lacking and I failed to like either of the characters you had to choose between.

Though, I did like the story enough to be hopeful that ME2 will be better

Twitter