What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

May I introduce XForma

mattlef

"For years we've obsessed over creating the definitive high-end liquid cooling enclosure - an ultra-refined case that sets a new standard for quality, innovation, and performance.
For those seeking the ultimate high-performance PC case and to our Customers supporting us for all these years, we're extremely proud to present you with the result of our efforts; the Limited Edition MBX MKII. The MBX MKII was conceived for you and designed, refined, and built without compromise."

https://xforma.com/

This is not just a case, its the first Premium Chassis. Everything is designed with form and function in mind.
Keep in mind, this isnt for everyone, the same way a Ferrari isn't a Ford. Both are incredible in their own rights, but... this is the Ferrari of PC Chassis.

mattlef

I REALLY think this is news worthy.
Charles has been slaving away for YEARS, literally. I started building PC's after seeing his beautiful Murderbox Creations.
They were complete works of art and these are unlike anything we've seen when it comes to mass produced Cases. (Although these are a very limited run)

We may all talk about the price point, however it needs to be stated.... Xforma was not building this for someone who was going to buy a corsair case. This is art. Its as perfect of a chassis you can find. Its a Ferrari, a Lambo, a Vertu. Its something that has been missing from the top tier of performance and beauty in Chassis for a LONG time.

For one, I'm thankful that he is seeing this vision come to life.
I want to sell all my PC's and consoles just to build in this beautiful work of art.

Keeping mind what this is.... a limited edition, performance, premium, artistic, chassis.... what do you guys think?

TheDarkLord

$1250 for the BASE model???? hahah i'm sorry but that is retarded., how did they come up with that price????? Why on Earth would you even consider paying half of that for a base model case when a phanteks case looks nicer or even a modded case like this one looks much better....

export-35-5.jpg

mattlef

I think that the sticking point is that this case is not targeted towards you if you jump back at the price.
The same way you wont look at buying a Vertu phone... but it doesnt make it a bad product.

For the money, you're getting a hell of a case, if you can afford it :)

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
I don't agree with some of the comments here. Vertu phones and high end suits are excess for excess' sake considering said items have zero different in functionality from lower-end options. Vertu phones are the picture of ridiculousness given their limited features versus today's iPhones and Android devices.

This case on the other hand has features that no competitor has.

lowfat

Staff member
I'll reiterate what I said in the other thread. I won't deny it isn't a beautiful case. It is flawlessly engineered. But it was engineered for 2009. I also wouldn't compare to a Ferrari but rather a Bentley. It won't be for the fastest machines or the quietest. But it will be beautiful and well equipped.

Enthusiasts with the money to spend on a $1250 - $2000+ case likely have a server/NAS for their mechanical storage needs. SATA SSDs are soon to be a thing of the past. Optical drives, ya no. So the seriously over engineered SATA hot swap cage is IMO completely unnecessary.

There also isn't enough radiator space in it. Lets say you want a quiet system w/ a pair of 290s and a 4930K/5930K. Which if you are buying an $1800 case you'll likely be running at least a pair of high-end GPUs. Sorry but 5x120mm just won't be enough if you want the fans running under 1000 RPM. There is just no way you'll be seeing any quad GPU setups in this chassis. Not unless you are running high speed fans.

I pre-ordered the first two times they attempted to sell. But that was 2+ years ago and the market has changed. I'm not about to spend $1900 + taxes + freight for a chassis that will be IMO outdated within a year. They should have ditched Silverstone from the beginning and designed the chassis from scratch. Then find someone capable of building it. Charles and Callen have been inspirational to me and I hope it works out for them. But for me, the chassis just came way too late.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Come to think of it, I do have a small issue with this. Renaming the Murderbox to something else doesn't make it a new case or anything other than the legendary TJ07 with a few bits added on. It's a stunning example of what's possible but given what's coming from Phanteks and Corsair in the new year, I'd play a wait and see game before plunking down this kind of cash.

Latest posts