What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Me again, still with linux :)

martin_metal_88

Hi guys! Yes I am still asking for linux question! The problem is that I have tryed to install lunix on my lappy and I always run into the same issue, the image is all crap (Pic are just under in another post). But well, the image is all grainy and liny + the cursor is like 10CM on the left of the click and it didn't seems to work at all. Here are my lappy spec so if you guys know the issue or know some linux that would work on it. It's a HP DV6704, here are the spec. Note that the HDD have been changed to a 320GB scorpio black and the memory is some generyc 2 X 2GB 667Mhz

Product Specifications HP Pavilion dv6704ca Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (Canada - English)

Last edited:

martin_metal_88

Ubuntu 10.10 and mint 10 julia.

I also tryed chrome OS which run fine but can't find a version that I can install ( only found live CD )

So before downloading 10 other linux I want to know more about the issue.

enaberif

Mint is built from Ubuntu so the issues follow you around ... try others like MEPIS, Mandriva or openSUSE that are different ...

The fun has just begun :clap:
Mint is not built from Ubtuntu they are both different and are built from Debian.

Without having an actual picture of the problem nobody can help you at all.

ilya

Ubuntu 10.10 and mint 10 julia.

I also tryed chrome OS which run fine but can't find a version that I can install ( only found live CD )

So before downloading 10 other linux I want to know more about the issue.
Umm, you're supposed to install it from inside the live environment GUI.

It sounds to me like there's just a driver missing, I'd try something like Puppy or Ubuntu Netbook Remix, they're small downloads and are more likely to work since they're meant for older hardware/laptops/netbooks.

enaberif

Yah typical behaviour of a stubborn GPU vs Linux :p

What is your knowledge with linux? How comfortable are you with it?

Latest posts

Twitter