What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Media server HDD'S

Soultribunal

Staff member
If its just for Media I would suggest going with the Green's. No need for a higher end drive doing what you need.

-ST

misterd

If it's going to be on all the time I'd go WD Red, beats the blacks in some tests and are quieter then the greens too from what I read.

The Quicken

If it's going to be on all the time I'd go WD Red, beats the blacks in some tests and are quieter then the greens too from what I read.
I ordered a green today before I checked here, but I think I'll go back on Monday & order a Red--see which performs best before I invest further.

tangrisser

Caviar Red has been ridiculously popular especially for hard drive. Probably because it has TLER capability enabled. I've been looking for it myself and it's really a tough find.

NyteOwl

I and a few colleagues have been using them for some time. As well as their designed purpose they also make excellent server and workstation drives both as single and in RAID arrays..

Latest posts

Twitter