What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Memory Parity Error HELP!!!

jcmaz

HEy HWC,

My bro's laptop recently BSOD and displayed this message:

Memory parity Error.

What is this error and what can i do? The message appears at random.

Right now i'm doing a Hard Drive diagnostic w/ Sea Tools.

Specs of Laptop:

Intel T5300 @ 1.72 GHz
2 X 1 GB of SODIMM DDR2 (Different brands)
ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 using 8.12 Modified for notebooks (Mobility Modder - DriverHeaven.net)
Hitachi 160GB HD

jcmaz

To Dwayne: I haven't changed anything since i got the laptop. Although there are 2 different brands of RAM in the ram slots. Both are 1 GB modules but one is generic OEM stuff and the other one is Hitachi.

All i know that this error has something to do w/ memory. I've done about 5 passes of the Short DST Passes for Sea Tools for the hard drive. And later i'll stress the video card. Finally, i'll remove each individual ram sticks and run Memtest.

Dwayne

Well, as the MS knowledge base says, it isn't always the RAM but it is the most likely culprit. Run memtest with both installed and only remove one if there are problems. I hate to say it, but hope for problems because those ones that go away, the intermittent faults, are a biotch to track down!

Perineum

That's an odd error. I would doubt you're using ECC memory? Does your BIOS have for a selection "use ECC memory" or something to that effect? If it's on it should most likely be off.... I doubt you have ecc ram

jcmaz

I've done these tests:

Memtest (standard): No errors
Sea Tool (7 passes on SDT): No errors
OCCT Graphic Stresser (30 mins): No errors

What else can i stress or do?

enaberif

but i don't have an extra 2.5 inch hard drive... and why should i do that?

Laptops can be a lot more finicky with memory and perhaps its just doing something it doesn't like?

I'd do the same with the other too.

Test them both.