What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Work in progress Meshify 2 XL - Case Swap

JD

Staff member
Original plan was to swap the CPU to a 5950X as well, but that seems unlikely to arrive anytime soon, so I decided to get this project underway over the long weekend. It's a few new water cooling bits and the case itself. Everything else being carried over. Parts list is:
  • AORUS X570 Extreme w/ 3900X
  • EK Quantum Velocity CPU block
  • Zotac ArcticStorm 2080 Ti
  • G.SKILL Trident RGB
  • EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 pump/res
  • Alphacool Eiszyklon Aurora LUX 140mm fans in the front
  • Gentle Typhoon 120mm fans in the top
  • Coolgate 420mm radiator
  • Bykski Red Copper 360mm radiator (CR-RD360RC-TK-V2)
  • Bykski Temperature and Flow Meter (B-TFC-CS-X)
  • Phanteks GLACIER D140 Distribution plate
  • Phanteks Neon M1 RGB strip
I cut a little bit of the bottom out to allow access to the drain port on the radiator:

1613259683195.png

This is about as far as I can go before tearing apart my computer to pull out the distribution plate and fans. My old RVE10 is just for sizing to make sure everything fits. Hopefully I can get the RGB strip a bit straighter, likely need to use some additional tape. The glass panel is lightly tinted, so it shouldn't be too blinding!

1613259720821.png

JD

Staff member
It was nice being able to take the top out, made working on it a fair bit easier, especially getting the EPS 12V power connectors in!

1613371088655.png

This was lucky that it all fit together. I used a D-Plug fitting here but once the top is screwed in it keeps it fairly rigid. I could intentionally disconnect it but I don't think it'll come lose by itself!

1613371368134.png

Got it up and running with just some distilled water to leak test. The top tube from the GPU to distro plate leaked a tad, which I figured it would as I kind of forced it in there. I'll have to trim it a bit more tomorrow.

1613371141195.png

1613371157047.png

After about 3 hours of Destiny, water temperature was a touch under 40C. Not sure if that is good or bad. I run for silence though and that's also only at 60% pump speed (2.9L/min).

1613371710895.png

1613371737297.png

Definitely smaller than the Cosmos II though. The bottom where the PSU goes is probably the worst spot as I left one of the HDD cages in but it had to be in the middle of the case basically as I mounted the pump a bit low in the front. I should probably get a shorter depth PSU instead, right now there's no way to plug in additional modular cables without pulling the PSU out. Cables are just a horrible mess, but the cover sits flush, so it's fine :ROFLMAO:

JD

Staff member
A couple more final pictures now. Back to my pastel red since I still had 2 bottles left. Maybe unicorn puke down the road ;)

The lighting is not captured well, but even with the tinted glass, it's pretty bright. Probably dial it down a bit.

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

And rainbow colours! :rolleyes:

IMG_1065.jpg

And for note, the bottom radiator drain port idea is...well... not great... just makes a total mess as it doesn't flow out nicely. If I put a valve or something on there though, then I'll have to forgo the filter on the bottom so the PSU would be drawing in dust. Maybe I'll just cut out a small piece of the filter too... but that will be for next time.

sswilson

Staff member
What product is that lighting "tube" on the bottom?

As far as "too bright" goes, that's one of the things I appreciate about mostly sticking to the corsair lighting ecosystem. Setting brightness is easy, and in most cases you can also set the default hardware colour/theme (but not the brightness).

Latest posts

Twitter