What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completed Meshify C, 8700K - my journey to a custom loop

FreeKnight

Not sure if I want to go the AliExpress type route. The quality is likely fine but running liquid in my PC makes me feel like I don't want to cut corners. Unfounded perhaps?

I really like the design of the EK stuff. I don't have to do this fast, so if the cost takes me a bit longer I might be OK with that to get what I want.

General reviews for the Ali Express stuff has been pretty good. But there's definitely always the chance the 'you get what you pay for' line proves true. Of course the counter is you're paying a lot for marketing with Bitspower, swiftech, EKWB and for all those 'sponsored' builds.

Understandable to go with something a little more tried and true with your new kit. I may chance it on my Z97, as if it turns out to be crappy WC kit and it kills my MB/CPU, I guess I just need to upgrade after all :haha:

JD

Staff member
And that is why you leak test guys :bleh:

Not sure where you'd find these, but the Phanteks block works with the original ASUS backplate: Phanteks Innovative Computer Hardware Design. Only place I can quickly find is Performance-PCs and after shipping/tax/brokerage, probably no cheaper. They actually sell Barrow stuff too for that matter.

It's unfortunate no other retailer has gotten into watercooling up here after NCIX's departure. All we really have is Daz and he stocks a very limited subset of products compared to what you can find in the US.

Lysrin

Here's a question I'd like to confirm the answer for: how big of a reservoir do you need to have? Does it matter as long as you fill your loop correctly? Seems based on my reading that it doesn't matter; the res just makes filling and bleeding easier.

Asking because in my case, my situation and my actual case ;) , a shorter res/pump combo will likely give me more placement options. For example a short one could even be mounted at the back exhaust fan perhaps using a fan mount.

For example, the 100 Revo D5 rather than the 140 Revo D5.

Am I correct in assuming either would work?

sswilson

Staff member
You are correct in your assumption... all a bigger res gets you is an easier fill.

Glad to see somebody new taking the "plunge". :)

JD

Staff member
And wastes more fluid too... don't know why you need like a 500mL reservoir.

It's mostly for looks I'd say, maybe some minor benefit for bleeding and eventual evaporation, but I recall people using just T-lines without any reservoir, enough fluid for the loop as a whole and that's it.

Lysrin

rjbarker

That EK Pump / Rex combo you posted earlier looked pretty good....it was the one I would have gone with instead of the Darkside.....it looks great as well with the LED's!!! ....btw got my all nickel Velocity w RGB yesterday...so when I get home I'll be draining and filling one more time ;)

Latest posts

Twitter