What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Microsoft announces Windows 10

JD

Staff member
I find everything is just smoother in Win10, not sure if it really is or not, but all my games seem to play better.

Granted I only used 8.1 with my 980Ti for a few weeks before upgrading to 10.

Supergrover

From a personal perspective it seems like they put some major work into file storage / access. Disk clean no longer feels like it's crawling along.
Everything does feel snappier, esp disk cleanup for sure, the one issue I am having is importing photos/videos from any of my cameras' seams to be super, super slow compared to7,250mb or so should not take 20+ mins.

sswilson

Staff member
Everything does feel snappier, esp disk cleanup for sure, the one issue I am having is importing photos/videos from any of my cameras' seams to be super, super slow compared to7,250mb or so should not take 20+ mins.
Yeah if you're using the new metro photo app... change your defaults back to the old win32 windows photo app. Everybody I've talked to has said that the new app is slower than whale snot! :)

Suffers from the same issues that pretty much all of the metro apps seem to have... even the driver cleaner app was noticeably slower than the original when it first appeared on the TP so there is always hope that the new photo app will get the same kind of performance tweaking that the drive tools app got.

Best guess from the insider forums was that metro apps are doing something silly like loading every piece of the library it's built on rather than just what it needs to run. Basically metro apps are web apps so that's the kind of performance you're going to get.

Glad to see you're here posting... I was a bit concerned about whether the fires are up your way or not.

enaberif

So I'm not sure if anyone noticed but they pushed out a big update last week and in doing so I noticed today that the min/max/close buttons are now more uniform and not so damn ugly across applications.

sswilson

Staff member
Are people still running insider builds? :)

I'd be curious to know what their uptake is on new builds now that the public release is out.

enaberif

Are people still running insider builds? :)

I'd be curious to know what their uptake is on new builds now that the public release is out.
I'm still running Insider builds but since the release this is the first one they released as an update.

sweenytodd

Question here. How can you change the background image for each monitor? I have two monitors and I can only select for the main monitor.

This option was easy on Win 7 and 8. Couldn't figure this out on 10 lol.

Lamb

Question here. How can you change the background image for each monitor? I have two monitors and I can only select for the main monitor.

I use display fusion for this.

Lysrin

I'm in the same boat. I can't believe they took this out in Windows 10! :angry2: I'm a little stupified thinking "it has to be there somewhere" but I can't find it.

Googled and found a solution that someone said worked but it doesn't seem to work for me. With mine it seem like it wants to slideshow and at some interval switches the images when I don't want it to. Then settles and uses the same one... Perhaps YMMV and you can explain it to me!
Solved Setting different Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

EDIT: Just read farther down in that thread and some people seem to be having success with this:

Hit the Windows + R keys to bring up the Run menu, then type
control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper

Haven't tried, not at home, but if this command get back the "Set for monitor..." option that would great. Microsoft... :doh:

Last edited: