What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Microsoft Launches Public Beta of Internet Explorer 9

Mark

Microsoft ships IE9 beta

I will always be a Firefox but it's definitely an improvement vs 8.0:

Computerworld - Microsoft today released the first public beta of Internet Explorer 9 (IE9), its latest effort to reclaim the ground it's lost to rivals Mozilla, Google and others.

"People go to the Web for sites, not for the browser," Dean Hachamovitch, the vice president for IE, said at a release event in San Francisco Wednesday morning. "How can IE make sites shine?"

IE9, which Microsoft announced almost a year ago and has offered up as four developer previews since March 2010, features hardware acceleration, faster JavaScript rendering and a dramatically streamlined interface that mimics the minimalist approach first used by Google's Chrome, then copied by others, including Mozilla's Firefox.

"IE9 has a clean design that puts the focus on the sites, not the browser," said Hachamovitch, who repeatedly stressed that the new browser will get out of the way and put the spotlight on Web content......
Microsoft ships IE9 beta, pushes Web, not browser - Computerworld

Download languages for Internet Explorer 9 Beta

FiXT

Hall of Fame
Microsoft Corp announced the worldwide beta availability of its new Web browser, accompanied by over 70 top websites and global brands that created new experiences to show off the capabilities of Windows Internet Explorer 9, at the Beauty of the Web event in San Francisco. The new browser delivers a fast, clean, trusted and interoperable online exp... [ Read full article ]

Zillerz

Yes finally IE9 And STILL worse than the others but yes i like the good increase performance from the IE8 but im a Chrome so i dont care :)

kruzn4evr

Loaded it up this morning, so far I'm still up in the air as to whether I like it, like anything new it does take some getting used too. I do like the fact they made it look simple, you get more use out of the whole screen without all the toolbars and such. The one thing I really do like is being able to pin your favs to the taskbar, much cleaner and less fumbling with the favorites list, and of course, the speed!..it appears to be much faster. Overall, once I get used it I'm pretty sure I'll DL the final version and lose Exploder 8.

gimark

I have only tried it briefly but am liking it so far. As far as style I still like Chrome better, but there are some features like Windows Live and Facebook compatibility that are interesting (too bad I do not use either). The way the options are set up in the corner but still easily accessible is nice. Basically its just Microsoft catching up to Firefox and Chrome finally, although maybe not quite there yet as the browser does have some bugs.

belgolas

I have only tried it briefly but am liking it so far. As far as style I still like Chrome better, but there are some features like Windows Live and Facebook compatibility that are interesting (too bad I do not use either). The way the options are set up in the corner but still easily accessible is nice. Basically its just Microsoft catching up to Firefox and Chrome finally, although maybe not quite there yet as the browser does have some bugs.
Maybe IE 10. I hope no one uses IE 8 or old cause it sucks in so many areas.

Latest posts

Twitter