What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Microsoft Sidewinder X6 vs Logitech Illuminated Keyboard

lKashl

Hey, i was just wondering whether any of you guys could help me decide whether to get the Sidewinder X6 or the Logitech Illuminated keyboard. Im also open to any suggestions for other keyboards within the same price range.
Thanks guys :thumb:

H

HaDeS

I've gotten a couple years out of my g15 so far.. only the S and F keys are a bit worn out... but I play shooters constantly. Keep in mind the USB connects on the keyboard itself are under powered and will not run much more than a phone.

Mattu

lycosa

razer lycosa! I love the feel and the short travel of the keys. I replaced my g15 with the lycosa and couldn't be happier

Last edited:

Cptn Vortex

I have both Sidewinder X6 and Logi slim Illum. The Logitech I use at work. It is by far the better keyboard when it comes to typing and everyday use. That being said, the X6 is not a bad keyboard, but you can definitely feel the quality difference. The Logitech is much more solid, and a real pleasure to type with. I use the X6 for my home PC which is mostly gaming. Its got a good layout, easy to reach volume knob for when it is dark (watching movies/games all seem to have different volumes, so hitting that knob fast is a real bonus). I also moved the numpad to the left hand side because it fits my desk better.

Iamcanadian7

I've always preferred Logitech products myself. I tried the X6 out briefly and it wasn't for me, the keys have short travel, like a laptop. I prefer something with real keys on it. Also, while the numberpad thing is cool, it also seems very flimsy and seems like it would snap right off if you picked it up thw wrong way.

I've tried other keyboards but I always end up coming back to my 1st gen G15. I would assume Logitech Illuminated would be somewhat similar in the quality/feel department.

lKashl

Thanks for the help guys, so far i think I'm more inclined to get the X6. Saitek's offerings seem alright, but they aren't really available in stores whilst the G15 just doesn't look as good :D The Logi Illuminated seems to be more of a working keyboard, whereas im more interested in the gameplay and media aspects (plus i cant tell the quality difference if ive never tried it :D) and i just have something agains the lycosa :p
Thanks again :D

grosskum

Do not get the illuminated!

If you want to game DO NOT GET LOGITECH ILLUMINATED!!! It does not support Shift+Space+W or any other key combo, horrible anti-ghosting, get the sidewinder

Birk

Logitech G-15 are down in price now and work well. I've had 2 of them (1 for each rig) now for a couple years without any problem. Nice media control and I can't do without the windows key shut off.

Latest posts