What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Microsoft Unveils New Logo

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
You've got to be bloody well kidding me!!!! Not only are they shoving metro down our throats, now we're going to have our noses rubbed into it every time we see a M$ logo?

If this was just something I came across while surfing, my first thought would be that some troll was having fun at M$'s expense. This has the same feel as that Metro vrs AOL image that's been floating around. (AOL and Windows 8 - Imgur)

Seriously, it's almost enough to make a person give up PC gaming all together so that they can just move on to some form of linux distro for their desktop use.

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
Ahhhh crap. It's even showing up as the url icon when you go to microsoft.com.... :(

So the real question is whether or not they can manage to sell/promote their new vision for a unified OS without bringing the majority of techies onboard. They tried that with Vista and look at how well that did for sales / industry adoption.

maverick_brent

LOL. It looks like an image from the 8-bit days.
exact same thoughts.....

as wilson said, vista was a bomb,the nice thing is that being the #1 os, they have no choice but to eventually bend to the consumers demand, a slow/non-exsistance adoption rate for metro will speed up the next windows version...

BryceBooth

I guess "Windows 9" is going to be "hipster" because we've already got metrosexual.
I'm quite certain that Apple currently has the patent on "hipster", as for an OS's sexual orientation (or anyone else's for that matter) I could care less. Microsoft's new logo simply reflects what they have been incorporating into their products, a simple, clean, professional look. Change can be good, more so after the first service pack.