What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Middle Earth: Shadow of War

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Anybody else pick this up? I did based on enjoying the previous game and the mostly positive gameplay reviews. I played for about 90 minutes last night. You sure get thrown right into the battle, there's no real tutorial or reminder of how to play. If you didn't play Shadow of Mordor, let me tell you that Parry (right mouse button) is essential.

I know there's a fair amount of complaining among reviewers about the loot box system, but I haven't gotten deep enough into it to comment about that yet. The combat that I've been in so far is exactly how I remember SOM, which is a good thing. I really like the free-flowing combat style similar to the Batman Arkham games.

Any other Rangers out there? :ph34r:

GregH

Played the first one and enjoyed it. Might wait for it to go on sale before picking this one up though as I don't have much time to play these days, and what time I do have is spent with PUBG still.
Also want to grab TW: Warhammer 2 which also just came out.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Yeah, $79.99 on Steam is a big ask. I got 35% off on a pre-order through GMG after the reviews came out. I get the feeling it will be on sale soon enough since the critics are raising hell about the loot-box lottery.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I got bored with the first one after maybe 20 hours. The first 5 are great, all the cool moves and kills etc, but it really got repetitive after a while IMO.

It needed more RPG elements IMO. I'll look in to this one, but as per any modern AAA game at $80, I might try other options to demo it...:whistle:

zoob

I'll wait till $6 like SOM, unless it comes bundled with 1070Ti that's to be released.

Lysrin

I liked the first one, but I have to agree with Sagath that it did become repetative. I didn't finish it... my interest just kind of faded. So I was hesitant to pick up the second one, particularly at full price. There have been some discounts from GMG (as you said), GOG, etc. but not enough for me atm.

Be interested to hear what you think as you go farther; how it improves on the original. I did have some epic battles in the first one that made me smile but in the end it didn't hold my interest.

Shadowmeph

one huge thing I hate when playing this game is not being able to press a key to by pass the repeating things like when you run into a captain the game stops and you have to listen and watch the babbling also when the game slows down and you have to press a key to stop a killing blow or from them escaping half the time the key I press doesn't work and the quests are not that clear to me . the funny thing is even with all my frustration and getting pissed because of the these I still play the game hehe.

rjbarker

Cough *points sheepishly to the giveaway thread with pleading eyes* :haha:

No problem..we'll see when I get home if there is indeed 2...the email I got doesnt specify...but has 2 sets of 24 letters, im assumning 2 codes....PM is best :thumb:

Latest posts