What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Minecraft in RTX

Dwayne

Did you submit a bug ticket? Some suggestions I have seen are to uninstall and reinstall (I know, you probably tried that) Did you open the marketplace from within Minecraft, or from the store page? I opened mine from within the game.

Our Beta build numbers are different?

r0k0

Folding Team
yeah i tried the uninstall and reinstall and didnt work, but i just tried again and worked now and i have the worlds !

Thanks Dwayne !

Dwayne

yeah i tried the uninstall and reinstall and didnt work, but i just tried again and worked now and i have the worlds !

Thanks Dwayne !

Awesome. It is very nice to look at. It is still Minecraft, but caves and night time take on a whole different feel with the ray traced illumination.

Dwayne

my 2080ti takes a hard hit until i enable DLSS... DLSS off im running 35fps !!!!! lol

Yup, that is why they developed the combination of RT and DLSS. I still think that in the long run the RT portion will make the development of games easier. Once it is baked into the tools, the developers will just assign a lighting source and the tool and RT will do the rest.

It is a testament to the developers that they were able to create environments using other means for so long, but slowly, as the new tech keeps getting better, they will be able to spend that time working on the world and not the lighting.

And DLSS started off kind of rocky. They had the idea, and an implementation, but it wasn't quite up to a good standard. The 2.0 implementation has been well received because it is better overall. For all the derision heaped on NVidia, someone had to start the ball rolling. Now we are hearing about how the next gen consoles will use ray tracing. If it just makes a game more immersive, I'm all for it.