What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Missing hds, data loss and other

JD

Staff member
I would suggest letting it run and/or replacing the drive.

Why go through all these recovery efforts if the drive ends up dying a few days/weeks from now?

hfxmike

I've rebooted and the scan didn't run, I've added another HD and things are back to normal.
SMART status is fine across the board.

I'm not replacing any drives because I now have them labelled, catalogued, backed up locally and cloud.
I might scan them with a 3rd party tool, but I don't think it was a coincidence that Windows found problems with drive letters, mounting, checking, deleting..etc...when I changed some cables and ports.

I think that it was a temporary FUBAR caused by the monitor's card reader and my virtual drives. I don't think there is anything wrong with any of the drives. I'll see I guess.

Kassia

Hello, have you unplugged your drives to check? I have such problem before, and I finally used the Bitwar to solve my issue, maybe you can also apply one.

Latest posts

Twitter