What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

missing wire ?

Jim

FSP Fortron ATX350-PNT 350W ATX V2.0 20/24PIN Power Supply W/ 120MM Fan OEM - DirectCanada

got this psu from direct canada ,had to send them this support message

'1 WIRE IS COMPLETELY MISSING FROM THE LARGE P1 20 PIN PLUG , AS IN IT WAS NEVER INSTALLED TO BEGIN WITH(WHITE WIRE # 20) WIRE IS NOT IN THE ATTACHED HARNESS ETHER.POWER SUPPLY IS USELESS RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX,CAN'T START COMPUTER WITH IT AT ALL ,YET CAN START NORMAL WITH OTHER PSU.
HOW DO YOU WANT TO PROCEED SO I CAN GET FULL CREDIT INCLUDING SHIPPING ? "

my question , there has to be a wire at that plug point right ? two other comps in the house have the wire.

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure SKY will pipe in here with a more info but that wire is not needed and is normal for it to be missing(I think it's a 5volt standby or something, nothing to worry about.:thumb:

Jim

DUH....noob award of the day for me I guess,don't put case leads for power LED on pins for power switch lead of mobo then start talk trash about the supplier & psu. comps workin great now. great job Brad @ DC customer care.

D1GGY

Jim, Glad to hear it all worked out for you at Direct Canada and you have it working now. Hate to have heard you shipped it back in working condition. No deal to call yourself a n00b just overlooked something you were not aware of at the time.

Latest posts

Twitter