What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Mnpctech's Guide to Tools For Case Modding.

Mnpctech

the Ultimate Hacksaw! .....which I'll be using for cutting Copper tubing for hard line liquid loops

$37.76 on Amazon, MSA 80975 4 In 1 Professional Hacksaw Frame: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Key Features
  • Standard 90° for general use
  • 45° angle for flush cuts
  • Low profile position for tight spaces
  • Takes Sabre saw blades for a wide variety of uses
  • High tension for tightening the blade up to 30,000 psi
  • Cushion grip handle for better control and comfort
  • Magnetic blade storage inside frame
Description
Cast aluminium construction for durability. Cushion grips at each end for comfort and safety. The Nicholson Professional 4 in 1 Hacksaw Frame is a high quality, lightweight high tension hacksaw frame designed for the professional and serious user that offers four different cutting options for greater flexibility. When you're working away from the workshop this represents true value. It is hard to get excited about a hacksaw, but the Nicholson four functions is different and worth a look. With the far end folded back into the frame the blade can be mounted diagonally forming a high access hacksaw for cutting in restricted areas. Last but by no means least the design allows you to fit a sabre saw blade to the end of the frame, limiting cutting potential only to the variety of sabre saw blades in your possession. There is storage for two to three blades in the frame. 300mm blade.

nicholson_4_in_1_hacksaw_diy_pc_hardline_rigid_acrylic_copper_tubing_cutting_monsoon_primochill_ek_bitspower_fittings1.jpg

nicholson_4_in_1_hacksaw_diy_pc_hardline_rigid_acrylic_copper_tubing_cutting_monsoon_primochill_ek_bitspower_fittings2.jpg

nicholson_4_in_1_hacksaw_diy_pc_hardline_rigid_acrylic_copper_tubing_cutting_monsoon_primochill_ek_bitspower_fittings3.jpg

nicholson_4_in_1_hacksaw_diy_pc_hardline_rigid_acrylic_copper_tubing_cutting_monsoon_primochill_ek_bitspower_fittings4.jpg

nicholson_4_in_1_hacksaw_diy_pc_hardline_rigid_acrylic_copper_tubing_cutting_monsoon_primochill_ek_bitspower_fittings5.jpg

Caldezar

That hacksaw is awesome! Certainly beats the rusted out frame I've had kicking around for the past 15 years. But it's $55 on the .ca equivalent. :( Still likely worth it though.

I find myself using a short throw hacksaw blade for my jigsaw more than manual blades these days. You have to hunt around for a good blade manufacturer since most of them are crap, but their out there.

Mnpctech

Agreed!

and Jeweler's hacksaw is great for cutting clear acrylic and PETG tubing for liquid cooling loops

Saw%20Frame%204.jpg

ZZLEE

Thanks fore the Sticky :clap:

This thread makes want to play with tools.

Mnpctech

I was told about 3M Scotch 233+ Green tape by local Automotive paint supplier. I had to cut a window in a Lian Li full tower, and wanted a masking tape with really strong adhesion, but didn't leave glue-like residue. It's been used in majority of my own projects and modding guides since*

250mm_fan_brucelee_casemod9b.jpg

250mm_fan_brucelee_casemod9c.jpg

3m_scotch_green_masking_autobody_painters_tape_233_401_mnpctech_cheap_roll_carton.jpg

Mnpctech

With Holidays approaching, I started thinking about what Tools I needed and recalled this thread. I always liked the look of the Romaxx CNC Routers after Craig started using one. You can make your own PC case, custom windows and fan or radiator grills.
HS-1, $2,490
Store | Romaxx CNC Router Systems
Specifications:
Travel 12.1" X-Axis - 19.6" Y-Axis - 3" Z-Axis
*Rapids 1200 X-Axis - 1200 Y-Axis - 140 Z-Axis
Cutting Speeds (straight lines) 1200 ipm X-Axis - 1200 ipm Y-Axis -140 ipm Z-Axis
*Cutting Speeds (arcs/curves) 300-400 ipm X-Axis and Y-Axis - 140 ipmZ-Axis
Dimensions:
Table 24x14x6
Overall 24x18x22
Largest Workpiece any Length by 14 wide by 4.4 tall
Weight: 105lbs
Voltage: 110 vac or 220 by request
34958773.jpg

Latest posts