What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

mobile computing forum...

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
Good Idea!
of course! they're the only kind I have!!! :clap:

it came to me because while I will have a desktop as a file server soon (I hope), I'm moving over to mobile platforms. I was fortunate enough to be one of those who got the Futureshop special for the Acer 5920-6273 for $799. if you don't know what I'm talking about, it's a 15.4" Gemstone design...T5250@1.5ghz|2GB DDR2-667|250GB Hitachi 5400RPM HDD|HD DVD ROM/DVD Burner|8600M GT 512MB DDR2 and Vista Home Premium 32bit. all that for $799...and what's awesome is the 5920G line is totally upgradeable...minus a few things.

the bottom of this thing has a panel that covers about 75% of the bottom that can be removed via 9 screws that exposes almost everything. CPU, HDD, Memory, GPU...not sure about wifi, but the contacts may even be open for Bluetooth to be installed (this is iffy tho). if I can find a 8700M GT MXM2 card, I could upgrade to it. currently I can upgrade to the T7700 Merom...tho with the Penryn, as long as it's a 35w TWP model, I can upgade that too. 35w TWP is what this laptop can do. :punk:

just have to get settled and start saving to upgrade my laptop! :biggrin:

quick question...why can't you put some sorta code down for the emoticons? you HAVE to choose which one from the emot panel...and why do we have so little choices? :dots:

G

While it might not be done ASAP I am sure one will be added.

Nice Lappy, I have a gemstone.
Smilies:biggrin::thumb: can be added @ least they work for me.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
While it might not be done ASAP I am sure one will be added.

Nice Lappy, I have a gemstone.
Smilies:biggrin::thumb: can be added @ least they work for me.
I look forward to it being added. I understand this is a busy time of year and everyone is distracted.

in any case, my question about emoticons is that they don't show up if you do the key codes...such as <_< = :blarg:; :( = :sad:; :D = :biggrin: ...but the key codes don't show the emots. you have to click the actual emot if you want it to show up. :ph34r:

MacJunky

Personally I like it this way. It allows me to shun graphical emoticons in favour of text ones.
Anyway, how hard is it to click on a little emoticon to add it? Well, for me it is hard because I have them turned off for my reply text input box thingy(reply text input box area thing set to basic or whatever it was) but I like having the option to use graphical and/or text emoticons.

Prof. Dr. Silver

the bottom of this thing has a panel that covers about 75% of the bottom that can be removed via 9 screws that exposes almost everything. CPU, HDD, Memory, GPU...not sure about wifi, but the contacts may even be open for Bluetooth to be installed (this is iffy tho). if I can find a 8700M GT MXM2 card, I could upgrade to it. currently I can upgrade to the T7700 Merom...tho with the Penryn, as long as it's a 35w TWP model, I can upgade that too. 35w TWP is what this laptop can do. :punk:

Of course we need to see some pics buddy....Show us the gory insides!!:haha:

Latest posts