What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

mobo and DDR4 for 5900x

Entz

Both are good choices IMO. Buildzoid quite likes that board as its one of the better X570 VRMs despite being one of the cheaper ones. The only thing I don't like is that all the slots are X1, should you want a X4 card (like a 10g nic etc) but its not like people run SLI these days

Do you have an older Ryzen CPU? My only concern is depending on when the board was made it may not support the 5900X out of the box and the board doesn't have the ability to update the bios without a processor. Nobody seems to be able to confirm when "Ready for Ryzen 5000" stickers are going to be slapped on :(

Neo is kind of the goto for Ryzen so no issues there. Giving the timings its not B-Die so not sure how the overclocking will be if that's something you want to do.

Discounts are good, could try having memory express price match?

Coach

I think for the most part only a GPU will be used on the board. 10g nic would be fun but right now it would be too expensive to run my house with a 10 gig network.

I do have a number of computers running R5 3600's. I thought All X570 board already use AGESA 1.0.8.0 or whatever it is and therefore are "ready"... I will have to read on that.

Any thoughts about getting the cheapest DDR4 3200 instead of the pricier stuff? It should would be handy to have a review or two to read concerning memory performance on the new cpus. My Ryzen 3600 systems use 3200mhz ram but my son does have 3600mhz CL16. He let me use his for testing and the differences were so small (FPS wise in the games with play) that I am not sure it is worth the extra $$. What do you think?

I wish I have a Mem X nearby. I think it will have to be Newegg :(

Entz

Memex ships, I don't have near by me either. They will price match online much like the old NCIX.

For the price that is hard to beat. You get the benefits of faster ram, and hopefully dual rank (not sure on those particular sticks) at a way better price. Not the fastest around but depending on the chips you may be even able to tighten it a bit.

Damm Newegg had the white 32GB Balistix 3600 CL16 kit on for 176 which is a great price (assuming you are not sensitive about color). Sold out though :(

moocow

Hi, I'm a scientist from the University of BC conducting a study on how COVID survive on semi-conductors. Please forward the AMD 5900X to our lab as soon as possible. Our study is instrumental in keeping PC hobbyists safe in Canada.