What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Mobo Dilemma

Azrael

I understand, I did not mean to imply that I was angered or bothered, if there was 'the one' every one would have it, and it would be a boring world. I do thank you, all of you, great help and I know have very good choices to chose from (the NCIX-DC thing, yeah i figured that, so when I go to buy it, I might have a mix of NCIX and DC, to get the best possible price).

Beermaster

What about using a gigabyte DS3, great board, awsome overclockablility, great support and tonnes of people using them, i have done 3.2 with my C2D 6300 on the board with no issues at all, my limit is heat now so still trying to get the balls to liquid cool

sswilson

Staff member
I understand, I did not mean to imply that I was angered or bothered, if there was 'the one' every one would have it, and it would be a boring world. I do thank you, all of you, great help and I know have very good choices to chose from (the NCIX-DC thing, yeah i figured that, so when I go to buy it, I might have a mix of NCIX and DC, to get the best possible price).

NCIX does "price matching" so if you find most of your stuff there but have a couple of better prices at DC you can ask NCIX to match their price, and get the best of both worlds.... :)

It's already been mentioned that I'm waiting on a DFI board to come in.... I'll let you know how that works out. If I were going to pick a "mid-range" overclocking board other than that one, I'd be looking at the new 965 chipset ones which have been released over the last couple of months. (There's a thread here somewhere on the new gigabyte board which looks promising if you can get over the decorator colours it sports.... :) ).

Welcome to HardwareCanucks, glad to have you aboard!!!!

Babrbarossa

When I go to buy it, I might have a mix of NCIX and DC, to get the best possible price).

If you're buying anything at NCIX, you might as well get it all there to save two shipping charges- DC is generally cheaper on shipping, but NCIX will do price matching. So collect the links for everything that you find chaper at DC and enter them when you're checking out at NCIX.

Azrael

Yeah, Oh and about the DFI board, I've heard only one thing that I don't like, a high pitched wine when overclocked are used with high powered video cards. sswilson, I'd like to know if it happens to you, because it was the only problem looking at the board (it was my third choice at the start).

Beermaster said:
What about using a gigabyte DS3, great board, awesome overclockablility, great support and tonnes of people using them, i have done 3.2 with my C2D 6300 on the board with no issues at all, my limit is heat now so still trying to get the balls to liquid cool

About the DS3, I read a few places the rev. 3.3 isn't as good, but when reading an interview with a guy at Gigabyte, they say that the major change done in rev. 3.3 was better circuitry and power management... so you'd think it can only get better. I'd just like to know what rev. you received. Cause that was also a previous board I thought of.

Ok here's a list so far, no particular order.
Asus P5B-Plus
Gigabyte P965-DS3
Gigabyte GA-N650SLI-DS4 (something like that)
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DFI Infinity P965-S
[/FONT]EVGA 680I (rev. A1)
MSI P6N SLI-F

Think that's all of them, if I missed any, just say, and I have some time, so I'll have time to make a more informed decision.

Last edited:

Azrael

Ok, that places the DS3 back in the main race, I'm just waiting on sswilson for the DFI, and then I'll probably have all I need to 'try' and make a decision :p.

Latest posts