What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

MOBO not powering on

rubrbutt

I reset the CMOS and the board started to posted for me, but still no lights on. Not sure why that is, but everything is working fine after I did that. Thanks for all the help on this.

KaptCrunch

check mb REVision b4 any flashing

current bios
2015-08-12
Version 1.C

updated BIOS Code.
Improved VGA compatibility.
Improved Blue-Ray ODD compatibility.

Last edited:

Dragonstongue

if you somehow put a PCI-E into the mobo cpu power connector, not sure how in the hell you would manage to cram it in there, but I am quite sure if this did happen, by pressing power, it would have went "ZAP!"

You need a capable board with capable bios to support devils canyon, reset Cmos is always good idea for new cpu, but, cannot support what it doesnt know how to, then only way of course would be to have one the board already supports, flash to new bios, go to new chip.

clshades

How does he check a bios if it doesn't boot up Kap. Sounds like he needs to use a different CPU to get it to boot to then update the bios. It's happened to me before.

KaptCrunch

ithinks your correct with msi uses M-flash only issue it has to be turn on in bios. comes setting default, is disabled also need usb format fat/FAT32 with current correct bios file

best check the motherboard box for bios version, if bios version not matching the cpu , then need to use one that is matched to bios then flash to current then install your cpu

another note cpu fan has to hooked up

OP may ask the store to update his bios

with some asus board has boot from usb option flash back by pressing a button to boot flash

check connection

Attachments

jalmir

Website
ca.pcpartpicker.com
I reset the CMOS and the board started to posted for me, but still no lights on. Not sure why that is, but everything is working fine after I did that. Thanks for all the help on this.
could a moderator update the original post with this so that people stop proposing fixes???

KaptCrunch

just let clshades knows OP has a booting system

was adding info to the masses for most times happens with new hardware CPU not matching MB bios. no screen or just shut down

Latest posts

Twitter