What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Modern Warfare 2 - HWC Benchmark or Not?

Should Hardware Canucks Include Modern Warfare 2 in it's benchmarks?

• Yes. It should be included.

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • No. It should not be included.

Votes: 93 79.5%

• Total voters

odis172

So has anyone played it yet? I was hoping to make it in at midnight to pick it up, looks like im grabbin it tomorrow morn.

aristhrottle

Emphatic "Yes". Benchmarks on HWC and any other hardware site is to review hardware, not pass opinions on games - that's what game reviews are for.

Despite IW's shenanigans, Modern Warfare 2 will be a popular title on the PC and many readers will be interested in knowing how it runs on different components. Denying them this solely based displeasure with the game would be, in my opinion, doing them a disservice.

Surfer_2099

I was at the grocery store, what I guess would not be last night and I passed by an EB Games. There were about a dozen people outside but I don't know if that was for MW2 or if they were just hanging out. I've heard commercials that BestBuy is open for 1 hour (12-1 am) right now for people to go and get their pre-orders.

I wonder if they are picking up this -- Video Games & Toys: Xbox 360: Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition (XBOX 360) | Best Buy Canada Web Store . At only $169.99, it's a steal provided you have a use for the night vision goggles.

Here's the product detailed -- Modern Warfare 2's Prestige Edition includes fully functioning night vision goggles

As for the case that can be made FOR MW2, I tend to disagree, not necessarily due to the disdain with which the PC version of the game is being adapted, but rather due to the age and relevance of the actual game engine. There are, IMO, better games out there that can be used for Benchmarking hardware.

Cheers!
Gone_To_Bed_Now_Canuck :)

sswilson

Staff member
I was at the grocery store, what I guess would not be last night and I passed by an EB Games. There were about a dozen people outside but I don't know if that was for MW2 or if they were just hanging out. I've heard commercials that BestBuy is open for 1 hour (12-1 am) right now for people to go and get their pre-orders.

I wonder if they are picking up this -- Video Games & Toys: Xbox 360: Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition (XBOX 360) | Best Buy Canada Web Store . At only $169.99, it's a steal provided you have a use for the night vision goggles.

Here's the product detailed -- Modern Warfare 2's Prestige Edition includes fully functioning night vision goggles

As for the case that can be made FOR MW2, I tend to disagree, not necessarily due to the disdain with which the PC version of the game is being adapted, but rather due to the age and relevance of the actual game engine. There are, IMO, better games out there that can be used for Benchmarking hardware.

Cheers!
Gone_To_Bed_Now_Canuck :)

My thoughts exactly.

jcmaz

Now a good game to benchmark on would be the upcoming racing/rally game DiRT 2. None of this IW SH*T

MAC

Associate Review Editor
I vote absolutely no. Keep the slot open for Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

odis172

Hmm the engine is upgraded, i have noticed its using 4 cpu cores as opposed to 2 for cod4, not sure of my fps though, no console to enable that. Gotta dig out the old fraps looks like

Latest posts