What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Mods deleting posts in BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jokester

I get that there are rules regarding photos being posted with items for sale. Its always been the rule. I updated one of my old threads for some parts Im selling off. I guess one of my photos links didn't make it into the thread when I updated it. Rather then just say "Hey looks like one of your photos isn't there for one of your items" the mod just deletes the entire thread? Seems a bit heavy handed to me. And rather pointless.

Supergrover

I get that there are rules regarding photos being posted with items for sale. Its always been the rule. I updated one of my old threads for some parts Im selling off. I guess one of my photos links didn't make it into the thread when I updated it. Rather then just say "Hey looks like one of your photos isn't there for one of your items" the mod just deletes the entire thread? Seems a bit heavy handed to me. And rather pointless.
It would have been moved to moderation status, think hidden to mods and elevated staff rather than been hard deleted. Fire off a PM and I am sure it will get cleaned up soon enough.

sswilson

Staff member
Mods don't have the ability to put threads into moderation (where's my irony emoji? :) ), but deleting a thread serves the same function as we can bring it back.

When you have your images ready, please drop a PM to any mod and we can restore it.

edit for clarity....... We have both a soft and hard delete option. A hard delete is gone for good, a soft delete can be restored.

Last edited:

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
If you're going to quote me, quote the whole message so it shows I copied the body of your edited thread for EASY reposting. As to why I deleted the thread, all BST threads go through moderation. If you go back and edit an old BST thread to avoid moderation, you better make sure that it meets the rules or I'll take it down. While you feel I was heavy-handed, making sure that the BST posts meet the rules requirements mean that it's been over a year since I've had to deal with a bad trade or ripoff on HWC. We used to have to deal with BST issues on a regular basis.

SugarJ said:
Your edited BST thread was missing the required picture so it's been deleted.

Body of post below for copy/paste into new thread when you have the picture.

Regards,
SugarJ
HWC Moderation Team

PM or email jleeoneill a.t gmail.com
will split shipping.

Would like to keep as a combo $650
6700k that can easily do 4.8ghz 24/7
Asus Maximus vIII Gene motherboard
Ripjaws V 16GB 3200

MSI 980Ti 6G Gaming - $525 (also have EK full coverage waterblock that fits it.)

AkG

Wow... you are lucky the mods dont have any latitude on pulling price gouging threads.... as damn son. Might want to try kijjijji or CL or ebay if you want to sucker peeps with inflated prices on OLD gear.

Jokester

If you're going to quote me, quote the whole message so it shows I copied the body of your edited thread for EASY reposting. As to why I deleted the thread, all BST threads go through moderation. If you go back and edit an old BST thread to avoid moderation, you better make sure that it meets the rules or I'll take it down. While you feel I was heavy-handed, making sure that the BST posts meet the rules requirements mean that it's been over a year since I've had to deal with a bad trade or ripoff on HWC. We used to have to deal with BST issues on a regular basis.

Avoid moderation? I always assumed I was doing the forum a favor by recycling old BST threads. As to that, as a long time member with positive feedback I would think you would take that into account. As if a couple photos will save someone from a real scammer :haha:

Wow... you are lucky the mods dont have any latitude on pulling price gouging threads.... as damn son. Might want to try kijjijji or CL or ebay if you want to sucker peeps with inflated prices on OLD gear.

You are entitled to your opinion. No rules against pricing items. Good news is you don't have to buy it. Why would I price things lower with current market conditions?

Supergrover

Avoid moderation? I always assumed I was doing the forum a favor by recycling old BST threads. As to that, as a long time member with positive feedback I would think you would take that into account. As if a couple photos will save someone from a real scammer :haha:

You are entitled to your opinion. No rules against pricing items. Good news is you don't have to buy it. Why would I price things lower with current market conditions?
Both Steve and I need to post images as per the rules or our threads would get pulled, Dont get much longer members than us, so if we have to adhere to the rules why would you be given slack?

Rules are rules, adhere to them or have your post removed, seams simple to me..........

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Well, I can't see this going anywhere positive from here so I'll just close the thread now before everyone piles on. Jokester, I've explained why I did what I did once and I can see we're going to agree to disagree about how I handled it. When you're ready to post a new BST thread with the required photos, go ahead. It will be treated the same as I treat every other new BST post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Twitter