What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Mogo Bitcoin

supaflyx3

What are their withdrawal fees like, though? Also are they a broker or an exchange? I signed up for NDAX recently which offers fast funding through e-transfer and they have a $10 withdrawal fee.

JD

Staff member
I presume you have to send in a bunch of ID still though?

Though I guess 1% of CAD value on buy/sell is a lot more reasonable. I feel like all the current exchanges are grossly inflated.

Lpfan4ever

Though I guess 1% of CAD value on buy/sell is a lot more reasonable. I feel like all the current exchanges are grossly inflated.

Mogo has enough info to get your credit score, so I presume there's no extra I requirements. I didn't get invited to this thing though so I can't tell you for sure :blarg:

enaberif

What are their withdrawal fees like, though? Also are they a broker or an exchange? I signed up for NDAX recently which offers fast funding through e-transfer and they have a $10 withdrawal fee.

It appears to be more broker than exchange as its a single coin you buy into then sell as normal.

Fees...
Our fees are as follows:

MogoCrypto sign up - free
Funding and withdraw - free
Holding your coins - free
Buying and selling - 1% of the Canadian Dollar value of crypto being bought/sold 1

1. The exchange rate we offer you on a buy or sell transaction of cryptocurrency is calculated from our Exchange Partner's price, which may include fees or mark-ups applied by our Exchange Partner and/or other factors such as market depth and volatility, and includes a 1% fee charged by us. You can check the exchange rates we offer for cryptocurrency purchases and sales at any time from within the MogoAccount.

supaflyx3

Okay that sounds pretty promising. 1% fee is definitely something I can get behind for a fiat gateway, on the low end it's usually 5% but usually closer to 10% if you want to withdraw small amounts. I think I signed up for the mogo beta or whatever months ago so maybe I got an email and missed it.

enaberif

Mogo has a lot of your information already and the transfer of funds in and out is all done through e-transfers.

My transfer of $20 to buy the coins took less than 15 minutes.

JD

Staff member
Mogo has a lot of your information already and the transfer of funds in and out is all done through e-transfers.
So it's just through Equifax or similar? I don't mind answering those questions, but I have an issue when some of these exchanges want photos/scans of your ID's along with a picture of you holding it and whatever else. Who knows where all that information is being stored and what they do with it. I try to protect my identity as best I can...

(though it's not like Equifax didn't get breached :whistle:)

enaberif

So it's just through Equifax or similar? I don't mind answering those questions, but I have an issue when some of these exchanges want photos/scans of your ID's along with a picture of you holding it and whatever else. Who knows where all that information is being stored and what they do with it. I try to protect my identity as best I can...

(though it's not like Equifax didn't get breached :whistle:)

To be honest I signed up with Mogo so long ago but there never was any ID to be provided or anything.

supaflyx3

No invite email here, but I signed up and did the equifax verification. Now to wait for an invite haha

Latest posts