What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Monitor beyond repair?

last_apoc

Alright, so I've had this monitor (HP 2509b) for about 6 or 7 months and it's been fine, then today I was on the computer and out of the blue these lines appeared (white line near the top, red line down the right-center)

[picture in second post since I havent posted with this account yet. Sorry about that]

Is this something that I'm not going to be able to do anything about?

Also, are there any ideas as to what caused this? I feel like I haven't had the monitor nearly long enough for it to die..

clone63

Freak chance your cable developed a bad connection, as occasionally a laptop with lines can be caused by a bad connection..
Try swapping it. Almost guarantee it wont work, but pretty easy to try

last_apoc

Freak chance your cable developed a bad connection, as occasionally a laptop with lines can be caused by a bad connection..
Try swapping it. Almost guarantee it wont work, but pretty easy to try

Hmm. that does make me think of something. In less than a month, my PSU died, then a week later my graphics card died, and now my monitor.

I just moved into a a new apartment last month, and its very old, and the outlets are old and crappy. Is there any way THAT could be the real issue for my hardware problems? (or just really bad luck then haha). Also, if that did happen to be the problem, would getting a surge protector power bar help? (right now I have just a regular power bar)

rfglass

UPS will supply power when line drops and will protect from surge also, in other words send clean power to equipment.Just remember you get what you pay for also so if your having these issues then don't cheap out on a UPS, That just my opinion anyway

Latest posts

Twitter