What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Monitor Problem

v0maru

My monitor Samsung930B bought and used for two years with no warranty left just went pitched black as i was using windows.
Prior to today about 3 months ago i can hear this buzz noise coming out from the monitor itself.

Is the monitor dead??

NyteOwl

Many/most LCD monitors buzz to varying degrees of volume. Is it totally black on more than one systesm? If so then yes there is liekly a problem in the monitor. How severe is another question entirely. Try changing the brightness adn contrast. A likely possibility is that the monitor circuitry is fine but the backlight has burned out.

Eagle Eye

I have the same monitor a factory refurb, from well none other than Factory Direct.ca. It hasn't died on me yet, but if there is no way to get a signal to the monitor than its likely dead.

Which display signal are using DVI or VGA? Try swapping, see if the monitor works with a different connection.

Regards,

EE

v0maru

it's really pitched back. although i did notice that when i press the auto adjusting button on the monitor i can see that auto adjusting box. But its really pitched back and barely noticable. is that a good sign? where can i repair it?. WOuld the cost be even worth it?

Eagle Eye

I don't see it as a good sign if you can't improve the brightness or contrast.

No the cost really isn't worth it, the back light is likely the most expensive part of an LCD monitor.

For the same price you can get a brand new monitor with a warranty, if you're in the market I can make a few possible suggestions.

Regards,

EE

MacJunky

Get a new one then rip out the backlight&inverter in this one and stick in a bunch of tiny LEDs! :D
It would just get tossed out anyway right? PERFECT opportunity for a mod!

v0maru

oh darn monitor dead, great an excuse for me to buy one haha, i really thought Samsung was reliable..

any recommendations??
or Suggestions

I am a enthusiastic gamer but not to the hardcore extreme . Do use my computer everyday and also i watch alot of Sports on my computers

lcdguy