What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Monitor problem

Bubbzilla

I just got a bran new 27 inch monitor in late July. It is beautiful and worth every penny, but it has a problem. When I turn off the computer it goes on standby like it should. But when i turn the comp back on, the monitor starts with a bunch of multi colored lines. It started doing it every so often, but now it does it everytime. The monitor still works, but I have to turn it off, and on everytime i start the comp or it comes back from sleep. Its expecially anoying if i need to use the bios. And I spent $800 in it. For that much money it should be perfect. Is there a way to fix this? It does have a 2-year warrenty but i dont know weather its unlimited. Its Memory Express IPR.
Thanx

Last edited:

punk_zappa

Try turning on the monitor before you turn on your computer just to let it warm up and see if it get you to BIOS. If the lines weren't there when you first got it, I would suggest asking MemEx about it.

sswilson

Staff member
It it's strictly a standby issue... have you checked to see if there are any drivers specifically for the monitor?

Bubbzilla

everytime the comp turns on the monitor, it does it. I didnt do it for the first week or so, then it started doing it, but only every so often. now it does it almost everytime. I checked samsungs site and there defintently no driver.

Last edited:

Safearus

I'd advise contacting the manufacturer for warranty info. It should be covered as you've done nothing to damage the monitor in any way I assume.

Bubbzilla

I definently have a warrenty. for 2 years. it just a matter of how many times theyll fix it. if its not an unlimited warrenty, then its not a big enough problem to waste it on. better to went till july 25, 2011. then complain about it. (warrenty expires the day after)

grinder

Are you sure it's the monitor? Can you try "waking the monitor up" using a different computer system to confirm it's the monitor or not?

Twitter