What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Monitor Setup for New Office (KVM/Gsync)

Skippman

I'm moving to a new house and designing my new home office. The desk I currently use won't really work in my new office space. So I'm in the process of designing a new layout and could use some advice.

Currently I have two setups on my desk.

Gaming Rig:
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
32G RAM
eVGA RTX 3080 GPU
Acer Predator XB271HU Monitor
Logitech G series Mechanical Keyboard
Logitech G series Wireless Mouse
+ a bunch of other peripherals (Arctis Wireless Pro headset, etc)

Work Rig:
HP Laptop w/ Thunderbolt Dock
2x Samsung S22C450 22" 1080P monitors
Logitech wireless membrane keyboard
Logitech G series Wireless Mouse

Right now these exist as two descrete systems on my desk. This has it's pros and cons. The biggest being I can queue up some background noise on my gaming rig while I work and not have to flip back and forth between setups. The downside is I vastly prefer my mechanical keyboard, don't like the clutter, and am constantly twisting back and forth between the two setups.

At my new home office I want to merge this all into one setup. Level 1 has a new triple monitor KVM that allegedly supports GSync. This got me thinking as to what would be the optimum setup for me.

1.) Triple monitor setup with two 1080P panels flanking my 1440P panel powered by this 3 monitor KVM.

2.) One new Ultrawide monitor with a single monitor KVM.

3.) Leaving well enough alone and having two discrete systems.

Any thoughts? Has anyone tried GSync through and of these Display Port 1.4 KVM's?

Izerous

Folding Team
I only switch the USB devices and manually toggle the monitor between inputs. That way i can take advantage of Display port, vs hdmi etc

Latest posts

Twitter