What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Most powerful Android Tablet

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Reporting back like I said I would. And wow. Best Android experience I've ever had. The Maxwell GPU, eight cores and fast storage makes it an obvious improvement over the Shield K1.

Pros and Cons:
Shield K1 has better bass, forward facing speakers and the *correct* 16:9 aspect ratio. (So I'll be keeping it for video watching gladly).

The Pixel C is obviously better at games, brighter screen with higher resolution and loud soeakers...but it's much heavier and the form factor/ aspect ratio is some weird flight of fancy of a now (hopefully) unemployed engineer. It's pretty much pointless. 16:9 is better rotated for reading, better in landscape for watching things. I've yet to see anything use the pixel C's weird ratio properly. Yes, games fill the screen, but even after playing with icon and text sizes there is wasted space all over. There's really no reason why the pixel C is as big as it is, so I completely understand why Nintendo *didn't* use it for their Switch.

Shall I leave it there?

Shadowarez

Folding Team
I bought a Microsoft surface pro 7 tablet since Samsung was charging almost as much for it. Amazing if get good storage and 16gb of Ram.

Lysrin

Reporting back like I said I would. And wow. Best Android experience I've ever had. The Maxwell GPU, eight cores and fast storage makes it an obvious improvement over the Shield K1.

Pros and Cons:
Shield K1 has better bass, forward facing speakers and the *correct* 16:9 aspect ratio. (So I'll be keeping it for video watching gladly).

The Pixel C is obviously better at games, brighter screen with higher resolution and loud soeakers...but it's much heavier and the form factor/ aspect ratio is some weird flight of fancy of a now (hopefully) unemployed engineer. It's pretty much pointless. 16:9 is better rotated for reading, better in landscape for watching things. I've yet to see anything use the pixel C's weird ratio properly. Yes, games fill the screen, but even after playing with icon and text sizes there is wasted space all over. There's really no reason why the pixel C is as big as it is, so I completely understand why Nintendo *didn't* use it for their Switch.

Shall I leave it there?

Glad it worked out mostly well! :) The aspect ratio I remember being a "huh?!" moment from a lot of people when it originally launched.

clshades

Pro 7 supports HEVC with a USBC port. Cant really top it. The K1 does HEVC no problem too. It was way ahead of its time for an insane price when compared to other tablets.