What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Motherboard Issue?

LaughingCrow

Website
moz.execulink.net
Windows 7? Is the boot problem always from a cold boot?

I'm basing the next part on the fact that the problem seems to go away when you format and reinstall Windows.

I had an odd problem with Win 7 on a Gigabyte board that would result in a corrupted hard drive from time to time. (not the same board as yours). Replaced and tested everything except the M/B and CPU and never did figure out what caused it. Long as it was a hot or warm boot it worked fine. But it would mess up any hard drive eventually. Formatting and a reinstall would fix it for a while, or just reinstalling a back up.

I retired the system a while back. Then put Linux Mint on it and it runs fine without any hard drive or boot problems. That's my suggestion - boot from a Linux CD and see if the issues go away, which might suggest that the Window's OS is corrupt.

Also, do a search on that specific M/B board and see if others have similar problems with it.