What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Motherboard not posting

miggs78

I actually was trying to OC my system last night, went into BIOS and changed settings, rebooted... And thats it..

It won't Post at all, no beeps even, the fans move, cpu fan moves, I took the memory sticks, and took one and put it in a different slot, tried them all. Tried even a different set of RAM, individual stick..

Resetting the CMOS, cleared the jumpers, even took out the Battery.. I think the memory controllers are dead..

I bought it from Direct Canada, um.. it directed me here surprisingly.. Place I love lol..

I will probably RMA it, but before that any suggestions please :help:

miggs78

Need some system information..... :)

Ooops sorry :doh:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
ASUS P5N32-E SLI Nforce 680I
Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 PC2-8500 2GB (2X1GB) DDR2-1066
Evga 8800GTS 512MB
WD 250GBx4 RAID 0 (WD250KS), Seagate 500GB SATA2.
Enermax Galaxy DXX 1000w

Thanks

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
I had 3 blown memory controllers on 680i boards... no beeps are usually not a good sign. Really not good.

bushwhacker

Another Asux product by the sounds of it ...

ASUS P5N32-E SLI Nforce 680I

Using the pathetically slow and convoluted linking on the Asux site to review the specs and manual - it looks like this board *supposedly* has advanced features for recovering from your problem.

" C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall)
When the system hangs due to overclocking failure, there is no need to open the case to clear CMOS data. Just simply restart the system, the BIOS would show the previous setting and then users can amend the CPU setting again."

Also, the manual indicates that "during POST the BIOS beeps (see BIOS beep codes table below)". There is no table below ....

If the SYSTEM speaker is connected and working you should be getting beeps. If not, I would RMA without further waste of time as the board isn't performing to spec.

LooseCannon

If it was working flawlessly before the OC attempt , something blew..... Test (if possible) PSU , Ram etc with another board/system if possible to ensure there wasn't a component failure if it checks out you will be doing a RMA on that board unfortunately.

Good Luck

Last edited:

miggs78

Sounds like dead board. :(

Maybe your right, but the board does turn on, just no beep or POST, I think its the memory controller. Since its the first time gonna RMA the board, I bought it from direct canada, do I contact Asus or DC for RMA..

I hope they send me a 780i instead :shok:

bushwhacker

are you SURE ...

Maybe your right, but the board does turn on, just no beep or POST, I think its the memory controller.

Reviewing another thread showed that incompatible RAM will produce the same result you are getting. Removing ALL RAM and booting should then result in a beep code indicating No Memory.
What is the response from your system with NO RAM?
Remove the CPU and/or video card - attempt to POST - again you should get beep codes indicating such. If you get no beeps under any circumstance .... have you got the system speaker plugged in properly ... and confirm it's functionality w. another board.

:bleh: For RMA procedures look here

Latest posts