What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Motherboard Problem

Conky

I am having trouble with a memory controller I suspect. Here is what happenend my build was running great until I changed the ram bought myself 2x2gb of Mushkin Ridgebacks 1600mhz [email protected] I was using Gskill Ripjaws 1600mhz 9-9-9-25 @1.5v. Before I changed the ram I cleared the cmos and rebooted before unninstalling the ram. When I put the new ram in it would only recognise 2gb not 4. So I tried every combination and found that all the memory worked fine in slot A1 and B1 any other combination either shows 2gb or wont post. I would like to solve this issue I have tested both sets of ram in my wifes pc as that is where the gskills were going and all ram no errors. I then went online and found that it might be a bent pin in the cpu so I checked througholy with a flashlight and everything seemed in place. I checked the board and there doesnt seem to be anything bent broken or burnt. The board with the ram installed in A1 and B1 seems to work fine, I was able to set the memory speed and timmings it runs fine and has no problem with cl6 and I even tried setting the voltage to 1.65 and changing the ram back to A1 and A2. I ran lavaly's mem stress and cpu test with locked and unlocked multiplier no problems and no difficulties. Here is my setup
Asus Maximus III Formula
Intel i7 875k
Mushkin Ridgebacks 1600mhz 6-8-6-24 2x2
Saphire 5850 gpu
Corsair HX620
western digital 640gb hd
Asus tv tuner pci-e 1x that is in the 4x slot
I would appreciate help with this issue as its never happened to me and I would like to learn how or if I can correct it, or if the board or the cpu need to get rma as they are fairly new. Thanks Hardware Canucks

Conky

Yes it is maxumus III not extreme and yes I have Maximus II as well, and bios 2001 all onboard and rog connect show everything recognised and ok. Except when I have memory in B1 and B2 show 2gigs and A1 and A2 only show 2gb but A1 and B1 show 4gb. I suspect that if I take everything off the board and run power through and replace one stick at a time I will try this later on this morning also I will redo the bios and see if that changes anything.

Latest posts

Twitter