What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Motherboard Suggestions? Please!

KSiG

I am about to build my First computer and need help selecting a motherboard. i am going to the Quad Core zambezi gtx 550 ti SLi 8gb Ram Please help budget $150 USD thanks.

Babrbarossa

I don't know the circumstances, but are you stuck on that platform? There's not too many that would go for that processor. If you're an AMD fan, there better way to spend your money. If you're open to Intel, the 2500K is probably the sweet spot of price/performance now, but if your budget it tight and you're an AMD fan, then the Phenom IIs are a cheap way to get performance on a par (or better) with Bulldozer - the llano chips are probably better value as well - or for intel might consider the i3-2100?

I know you didn't ask about GPUs, but did you already buy the 550s?

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru.../49902-2011-pc-market-review-hits-misses.html

If not, you want to go with a better sinlge card solution (6950 maybe).

edit: this is a good budget CPU if you want to buy AMD: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Quad Core Processor 3.2GHZ AM3 8MB Cache 125W Retail Box - AMD - HDZ955FBGMBOX

Last edited:

KSiG

AMD MOBO WITH SLI?

i cant find any help?! Processor AMD Quad core zambezi

sswilson

Staff member
990FX chipset. All of the major manufacturers have a version of it. I'm running an ASUS Sabertooth 990FX and can confirm that SLI now appears to be operating properly on it.

Next question would be.... why Zambezi, especially a quad? You'd get much better performance out of a quad PH II. A quad Zambezi is at best 2 1/2 real cores worth of performance.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Please keep questions to your original thread. Creating multiple threads with the same question will only get them locked down.

Thank you for your consideration.

-ST

Latest posts