What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Motherboard swap issue

r0k0

Ok so i've done this a couple times with succes, it was almost done but i guess it failed

Swapped hardware, booted up fine in windows, installed the new drivers restarted and now it hangs on windows loading screen, it will not boot, wont repair and nothing else will work, any suggestion ?

I do not want to reformat for lots of reasons even if i did a backup lol

Skyllz

Is AHDC(or ADHC?) enabled or disabled in the bios? That was the issue when I did the same a while back.

ZZLEE

Write down all your bios settings.

Flash newest BIOS.

Try all your old bios settings.

UFFI Bios gets Hacked by Windows. so helpfull I coudn't get into default bois and get in. SO Helpfull ! today also

47 x 100 yey :biggrin:

r0k0

All ottawa boys helping out, i cant find the adhc or ahdc

Zzlee i have everything to stock, nothing has been changed and i cant flash bios i have nothing to get a new bios :p

enaberif

Its AHCI and unless you were running Windows XP previously its a setting that won't matter.

Do your basic troubleshooting; unplug everything that isn't needed to make the system work, check the standoffs and check the back plate.

r0k0

Reinstalling windows... Everything worked fine until i rebooted for the nee chipset drivers

odis172

Ima have to chime in here since i'm from Ottawa.. Stange you would have problems with the latest chipset drivers. If they arent working, I would grab the latest ones from the motherboard manufacture's site.

rjbarker

In most case a clean install of Windows is the best way to go when swapping Mobo's. Always ensure to have your Programs / Data stored on a different Drive, makes a clean install a lot less painful.