What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Mouse Polling causing fps drops

TTC

So I just spent a grand upgrading to skylake to discover that I now have a min fps problem related to what I think is mouse polling lol.

At 125hz its buttery smooth. At anything above that I get FPS drops and stutters. I see this all over the net but the only solution so far is run 125hz.

thoughts?

clshades

Maybe this is the problem I'm having. I've been at 1000hz fo a while now and gave up on the lag problem.

TTC

I'm telling yea. Crank it back down to 125hz and I bet it goes away. Its worse in FFXIV because you actually use a mouse cursor. In fps games its not as bad.

On2wheels

I hope someone with more experience can help but I'm frequently on the geforce forums reading about drivers and the 10xx series of video cards, and some users report high frequency monitor problems as well, with a focus on the video drivers as a possible clue. Are you using nvidia cards? Might be something, might be hogwash, just reminded when I saw this thread.

TTC

Well. I ended up wiping windows and im installing everything one item/restart/windows restore point at a time. So far its perfect. Even with the mouse polling at 1000hz. So bizarre.

clshades

Well. I ended up wiping windows and im installing everything one item/restart/windows restore point at a time. So far its perfect. Even with the mouse polling at 1000hz. So bizarre.
that sounds painful...

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter