What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Mousepads... worth it?

UNESCO

Anyone have any experience with some of the high-quality mousepads available on the market?

Right now I'm using my trusty 1-st gen Ikea Jerker desk but don't want to run the feet of my MX518 too quickly. I've seen the Icemats, Ratpadz, etc... but haven't been moved to buy one yet - then again, I've never used one :eek:

So comments, suggestions, feedback, and experience would be really helpful.

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team
Anyone have any experience with some of the high-quality mousepads available on the market?

Right now I'm using my trusty 1-st gen Ikea Jerker desk but don't want to run the feet of my MX518 too quickly. I've seen the Icemats, Ratpadz, etc... but haven't been moved to buy one yet - then again, I've never used one :eek:

So comments, suggestions, feedback, and experience would be really helpful.

I'm using a S&S Steel Pad at home and a

Steelpad.JPG

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Func F-SERIES F10.S Smooth Gaming Surface Mouse Pad at work.

[/FONT]func.JPG

I think I prefer the Func Pad a little more as it has a smoother surface. I'm not much of a gamer so keep in mind that I don't have a really good idea on how well either of these would be for that.

M

Misoprostol

Being the gamer that I am, and owning the exact same two mouse pads as Gav, I feel like I should offer my input here. I prefer the Steelpad to the func pad for both work and play. I've used generic laser mice, an MX700, and a G7 on both.

UNESCO

I'll probably pick one up soon just to see what type of difference there is. I guess it's mostly a personal preference. Thanks for the help guys.

M

Misoprostol

Hey I just got a Razer Precision mousing surface. I think it's pretty nifty even though I don't like cloth as much as some people. I haven't actually tried it for gaming yet, but it's HUGE and I think that's going to be very nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team
I haven't actually tried it for gaming yet, but it's HUGE and I think that's going to be very nice.

What do you mean by huge and why would that make it better for gaming? Are you referring to the bigger surface area making it more stable/precise?

mo' power

Since I decided to upgrade just about everything this time around, I purchased the MX-518 like you and this mousepad.

http://www.xtracpads.com/zoom.htm

It is super slick, thin and tracks wonderfully. Easy on the pocketbook as well. I got mine NIB on ebay for 1/2 retail.

cdn_Madrach

Since I decided to upgrade just about everything this time around, I purchased the MX-518 like you and this mousepad.

http://www.xtracpads.com/zoom.htm

It is super slick, thin and tracks wonderfully. Easy on the pocketbook as well. I got mine NIB on ebay for 1/2 retail.

I actually owned that mouse pad and realy liked it. A little awkward for lans cause I didn't want to roll it up just in case it wouldn't flatten out enough when unrolled so I actually won the cloth pro version and it is almost as slick and rolls up nicely. Gotta say though your version is smoother, also you can get wax for it to keep it slick. Just my 2cents.
PS: Both pads track flawlessly.

Deathspawner

I love anything fUnc makes... I use the 1030 Archetype primarily. I could never go back to a regular mousepad... even for non-gaming.

Latest posts