What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Move over Apple and Samsung, Motorolla comeback...very sweet

Mark

Motorola introduces Razr I smartphone with Intel chip - Telegraph

Motorola introduces Razr I smartphone with Intel chip
Motorola, Google's new smartphone manufacturing arm, has introduced the Razr I, the first major European handset to feature an Intel processor.

The battery is 40 per cent more powerful than that in an iPhone 4S! Wow!:shok::shok::shok:

razr_2343156b.jpg

xaxumalik

Looks like a Iphone , they will get sued and will be forced to stop selling phones leaving us with only the Iphone .

Well I am not so sure about that... you comment seems directed to look similarity, which therefore implies design intellectual property rights - to which I would reply that this phone lacks the one button at the bottom, which I believe is the main apple's asserted design intellectual property.

great_big_abyss

Well I am not so sure about that... you comment seems directed to look similarity, which therefore implies design intellectual property rights - to which I would reply that this phone lacks the one button at the bottom, which I believe is the main apple's asserted design intellectual property.

It's pretty clear that a 'rectangle with rounded corners' is one of Apple's intellectual property rights.

BlueByte

Came here to see a phone left chucking at the apple comments. Looks interesting, I would like to see the bezel thinner or meld into the background a bit more its a bit distracting. I like competition, don't think I would buy one but anything that helps keep innovation going is good in my books.

Bloodystumps

OK I came here only to poke fun at apple but I just read the link and this phone does not have a "edgeless" design at all in fact I think it has a larger boarder then my GS2 . also it appears its only available in England as of right now .

It is also splashproof, and features an ‘edgeless’ design where the glass appears to go almost to the very edge of the device. Motorola claim it will give consumers the sense of holding “nothing but screen in the palm of their hand”.

Master_Shake_

a rectangular product shape with all four corners uniformly rounded;
the front surface of the product dominated by a screen surface with black borders;
as to the iPhone and iPod touch products, substantial black borders above and below the screen having roughly equal width and narrower black borders on either side of the screen having roughly equal width;
as to the iPad product, substantial black borders on all sides being roughly equal in width;
a metallic surround framing the perimeter of the top surface;
a display of a grid of colorful square icons with uniformly rounded corners; and
a bottom row of square icons (the "Springboard") set off from the other icons and that do not change as the other pages of the user interface are viewed.

lets see corners are not uniformly rounded
phone is grey so no black borders
the screen is closer to the top than the bottom
rim looks plastic
icons aren't square
and the bottom buttons well i dont know if they move if the page is turned.

so it's apple lawsuit safe :biggrin: