What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

MSI GX70 Notebook & AMD A10-5750M Review Comment Thread

great_big_abyss

Nice review.

As a pure gaming machine, it seems hit all the check marks. Decent display, good sound, and a beast of a graphics chip. The fact that they put in a Richland APU to cut costs doesn't really enter into the equation until you start running applications other than games.

If I was looking for a desktop replacement purely to play games, and I would definitely be looking at this machine, mainly because of the GPU they can afford to put in there.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
I agree. Another option is the GX60, 15.4" screen, same APU and a HD 7970M for a few hundred less.

sf101

I tend to wonder what the 8970m performance difference would be running the intel i7 4700mq.

talking games here.

bex

Thanks guys, on a great review process. The format you use provides a wide range of objectives and results that are clear to understand. I wonder how the addition of the 128SSD helped this unit? Overall, for a gamer to achieve bang for buck, this unit does seem to tick many boxes, especially for the price and 2 year warranty. It now has a new incarnation with the R9 GPU, so maybe it also gains even more appeal now.

SKYMTL

Staff member
An SSD would make a night and day difference in how the system "feels" by way of responsiveness, there's no doubt about that.

bex

SKYMTL, would there be any chance of you getting hold of one of the SSD models, and including that data for prospective buyers to see what the difference would be, the same incarnation as the test machine, but with the 128SSD and 16Gb ram? I can't find anything else that ticks so many boxes for the price. If the SSD really does make a lot of difference, coupled with the extra RAM, it could just be the thing that tips people over the edge to purchase, it should be gamer heaven for me :)

On a side note, while researching about this unit, many have linked to your review here, kudo's.

SKYMTL

Staff member
Unfortunately, other things have changed with the design as well which would mean the comparison wouldn't be apples to apples.

Latest posts