What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

MSI MPOWER Z77

o320

This has been one of the best boards I have ever owned its a work of art and OC's like it was designed to :p

May I ask what kind of results you are getting with your OC? And do you have kinking on the heatsinks like some people claim to?
You're located in Calgary too! Loving the random changes in weather? :biggrin: Just kidding!

o320

I have it and I like it a lot but the one big problem many people have with it is the lack of offset voltage for overclocking. Don't bother me though :p

Isn't offset voltage for people looking to do extreme overclocking or looking to have the lowest V while being stable?
I just plan to do a simple overclock, so that should be okay, correct?
Thanks!

o320

Don't think you can go wrong
Got rid of an Asus Z77 Pro for this and won't ever look back
Asus makes better routers than motherboards now:biggrin:
Offset voltage thingy is only real major non and who cares
No Intel NIC but the Realtek works fine
Extremely stable motherboard and dual bios
Hint don't just use mouse to scroll up and down in bios use arrows etc

Comments like these make me so happy knowing that I ordered the motherboard :clap:
Is Intel NIC better than the Realtek one or something? I don't know much about these things and would be glad if you could let me know.
Is there a reason for using the arrow keys rather than the mouse scroll?
Thank you!!

tyreman

Comments like these make me so happy knowing that I ordered the motherboard :clap:
Is Intel NIC better than the Realtek one or something? I don't know much about these things and would be glad if you could let me know.
Is there a reason for using the arrow keys rather than the mouse scroll?
Thank you!!

Lots of people like Intel NIC's
Have I noticed a difference? No.

You will potentially miss some settings by mouse scrolling thru bios

tyreman

Isn't offset voltage for people looking to do extreme overclocking or looking to have the lowest V while being stable?
I just plan to do a simple overclock, so that should be okay, correct?
Thanks!

Shouldn't be any issue at all.

The cpu is protected by throttle down if it ever got to warm anyways and that is not likely in a properly(I stress properly) setup,dust free maintained system with adequate airflow.

botat29

Funny few years ago it was Gigabyte wall to wall here, Asus was not that much popular here, now everyone is using Asus, but some now are looking at MSI , in that time I was an Asus guy, since a year I'm a MSI one, look's like I'm always in advance of my time. MSI start few years ago to level the quality of their motherboards layout and components. If you look at the GD55 it as amazing layout too for a $ 139 motherboard : power, reset, oc buttons, voltage reading point, look how clean it is around the CPU no more Koolance 360 crashing the caps for sure.

msigd55-1.jpg

look at this Asus at same price, not even heatsink over the mosfet, not that good for OC

asus139.jpg

Last edited:

tyreman

Funny few years ago it was Gigabyte wall to wall here, Asus was not that much welcome, now everyone is using Asus, but some now are looking at MSI , in that time I was an Asus guy, since a year I'm a MSI one, look's like I'm always in advance of my time. MSI start few years ago to level the quality of their motherboards layout and components. If you look at the GD55 it as amazing layout too for a $ 139 motherboard. ( power, reset, oc buttons, voltage reading point )

msigd55-1.jpg

Yes thats a nice motherboard to
It certainly is odd
I used to use Asus or Gigabyte to.

Latest posts