What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Multi monitor bevel hider.

moocow

After reading the only 2 reviews on Amazon and the product description. I don't think this thing is worth the money.

From Asus website:
New universal design that compatible with Flat monitors under 27 inches with a four-sided frameless or slim-bezel design

From Amazon:
Recommended models: VG245H, VG245HE, VG248QG, VG258Q, VG258QR, VG259Q, VG259QM, VG278Q, VG278QR, VG279Q, VG279QM, VG27AQ, VG27BQ, MG248QR, PG248Q, PG258Q, PG278QR, PG279Q, PG279QZ and PG27AQ

So you have to start out with a frameless or slim bezel monitor and it could be restricted to only a dozen models. If you're starting from a frameless, is there really a problem to start with?

JD

Staff member
Even "frameless" monitors have a border still. So the use case is pretty small for this, but I think it's an interesting optical illusion they're using.

Should just be bundled with their ROG monitors going forwards though, does seem a tad expensive.

Izerous

Folding Team
I remember hating the bezels on my past triple setup. I could have seen myself experimenting with something like this. But things like the alienware triple DLP monitor also existed at the time and had no bezel and a barely visible seam. This already feels like thinking outside the typical box that most people seem to be locked into.

moocow

I just thought it interesting considering the amount of people who've post d about it over the years.

Nothing wrong with that. I post a few tidbits here and there myself. It's a tech forum, we post tech stuff and discuss tech stuff. Just turns out this particular item is interesting but it appears to be have a limited use case (possible compatibility issue) and we need a proper review to determine if it's worth while to play with.

Latest posts