What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Multi-Monitor mouse "Speed bump"?

sswilson

Staff member
Not sure how good of a description that is so I'll try to explain.....

Because of my pinball project I've started using multiple screens on my main PC and am trying to find out if there's a way to better control the mouse cursor.... it drives me nuts when the cursor doesn't "stop" at the main monitor edge... is there a way (or program) that would put up a fence/speedbump between monitors when it comes to the cursor?

What I'm envisioning is something that puts up a barrier for the mouse on the monitor that's currently in use that would require something like "3 quick hits on the wall" to get over to the next monitor.

Does that make any sense? If it does... is there anything out there that works like this? (a key shortcut that moves the mouse between monitors would be nice too, but from the sounds of it, that's a unicorn.... :) ).

lowfat

Staff member
DisplayFusion does. Never used that option and I can't test as I only have 1 Display. Its not free tho. It is on sale current on Steam, but @ twice the price I paid for it 5+ years ago. 1.PNG

sswilson

Staff member
I ended up grabbing display fusion. Not sure about the "speed bump" idea, but as listed above it makes it easy to lock/unlock the mouse cursor to the current screen as well as moving it to the "next" monitor and removing the annoying walls between monitors where they don't meet up.

Also great to have the "move focused application window to next monitor" feature.

Yeah it was $20 but I've been threatening to buy a license for decades so it was probably time to get off my butt and grab it. :)

Latest posts

Twitter