What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Multiple monitor mixed res/orientation funkiness?

JD

Staff member
Is there some indication that they've addressed the issue in the release preview? (I'm still registered for insider, but have no real desire to be a guinea pig. :)
It's been stable here and I like the new design of the start menu. Usually Release Preview doesn't have any major bugs as its the slowest branch.

But there might not be any fixes to 2004/20H1 at this point as they'll just push everyone over to 20H2.

sswilson

Staff member
On top of this, all of my household PCs have gone back to not entering sleep mode. This is the third or 4'th time they've tried to push whatever "feature" is breaking sleep only to either resolve the issue or roll back with a later update.

djbrad

Oh that explains why my pc is not entering sleep mode too.

lowfat

Staff member
I gave up trying to address this. I use home automation to send sleep commands over MQTT to put my computer to sleep now.

sswilson

Staff member
I gave up trying to address this. I use home automation to send sleep commands over MQTT to put my computer to sleep now.

What bugs me is that this is an ongoing issue that seems to crop up after every major update since the spring of this year. The fact that it goes away after a subsequent minor update suggests that they know it's an issue but that they keep applying the wrong "fix". This isn't an isolated issue (as evidenced by how many of our membership has chimed in with the same problem) so it either shouldn't be hard to diagnose, or points to a broken "feature" they keep trying to install that they should just give up on if they can't get it to work without buggering up sleep.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
...aha. I wondered why my PC was awake this morning. 20H2 just applied yesterday and I didnt even think about it being the culprit.

sswilson

Staff member
...aha. I wondered why my PC was awake this morning. 20H2 just applied yesterday and I didnt even think about it being the culprit.

I haven't installed it yet so it wasn't 20H2 that did this. Would have been one of the more recent cumulative updates. (I did however just notice that it was available for my laptop when I checked to see what version I was running).

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I haven't installed it yet so it wasn't 20H2 that did this. Would have been one of the more recent cumulative updates. (I did however just notice that it was available for my laptop when I checked to see what version I was running).

Hmm. Seems to have been the start of my problem though :(

1604272983177.png

Latest posts