What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Multiplier and GHZ has mind of its own

Painbringer71

I have a question. I have a newly built system that seems to have a mind of its own. First thing is when I CPUZ the system it shows it clocks at 3.1 then a few seconds later its 1.7 at the same time you can see the multiplier go from 15.5 to 7 and back and forth. When I go in the bios and change the power settings to performance power (this is in the basic bios option not advanced) the system ramps the CPU to 3.888 and then it toggles back and forth from 3.888 to 1.7 Ghz. (multiplier is still 15.5 to 7) I have no errors my system is cool on temps, but it seems odd the multiplier is changing on its own? I just want to make sure I do not have something set wrong. I have the most up-to-date bios. (system setup on my info tab) <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Is this something to worry about? :sad:<o:p></o:p>

Painbringer71

Thanks

Originally I had an older version of CPUZ running which does not show the core clock moving. Then I grabbed the newer version and started seeing the numbers moving all over the place.

Latest posts